Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Wrong player declared the winner? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325462)

08-29-2005 08:05 PM

Wrong player declared the winner?

Man, I am upset. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. I had an A high club flush and was heads up. I knew I had the nut flush. The pot was $66.00. At showdown, the other player won with an A high flush. No way, since there were four clubs on the table. This was at pacific poker. I don't usually play there, but have an account there. I have written tech support, but was wondering if this is common. It seriously ruined my evening.

THanks

MicroBob 08-29-2005 08:07 PM

Re: Wrong player declared the winner?

your post msakes no sense.

you both had the ace of clubs?

what does 4 clubs on the board have anything to do with it and why does that make it not possible to have a better flush?

I'm not kidding.
I can't figure out what you are saying at all.

08-29-2005 08:11 PM

I had the A of clubs. I am upset because I didn't win the pot. The software said the other player was the winner, but no way we both could have had the A of clubs. I was the winner and lost out on $66.
THanks

KramerTM 08-29-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the A of clubs. I am upset because I didn't win the pot. The software said the other player was the winner, but no way we both could have had the A of clubs. I was the winner and lost out on $66.
THanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't Pacific Poker store video files of all hands played on your account? Make a link to this... I'm somewhat skeptical.

SoCalRugger 08-29-2005 08:14 PM

Maybe you had the ace of spades and misread your hand?

randomstumbl 08-29-2005 08:16 PM

Just as a guess, was the ace of clubs on the board? If it was in your hand, then you obviously have the nuts.

If the situation was with the board having 4 clubs including the ace, your opponent wins as long as they have a higher club in the hole than you do.

MicroBob 08-29-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just as a guess, was the ace of clubs on the board? If it was in your hand, then you obviously have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless he lost to a straight-flush (or mis-read his hand as was also mentioned)

afk 08-29-2005 08:18 PM

Pacific Poker has an option where you can look at your recent hand histories. Look it up and find out where you made your mistake.

Torr 08-29-2005 08:18 PM

with 4 to a flush on the board maybe there is also a possibility of the other guy hitting a straight flush to beat you?

randomstumbl 08-29-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless he lost to a straight-flush (or mis-read his hand as was also mentioned)

[/ QUOTE ]

The other player can't have an ace high straight flush. The OP mentioned the other player had an ace high flush.

Of course, misreading the hand is a possibility.