Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Small Stakes Hold Em By Ed Miller (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358050)

10-15-2005 02:29 AM

Small Stakes Hold Em By Ed Miller

Was wondering if anyone had any comments on this book? I don't know anyone who has read it but 2 plus 2 never seeems to disappoint me so I was just wondering if anyone would recommend it or had anything bad to say about it. Also, does the book touch on no limit hold em at all or is it strictly limit hold em? Any help would be appreciated.

lautzutao 10-15-2005 02:44 AM

Re: Small Stakes Hold Em By Ed Miller

SSHE is kinda the Micro/Low limit Bible. That should quantify it for you.

10-17-2005 01:01 PM

there are only 300 million posts about this, whats one more?

10-17-2005 02:05 PM

what's all these references to the fact that there have been threads before??? i get tired of it, especially given that the search function is not exactly perfect on here.

anyhow, great, great book and NO, it doesn't touch on no-limit at all (or would be a few pages at most or mentioned in passing).

key thing about this book is that it says you need a good reason to fold a potential winning hand when there's a large pot. and no, 3rd pair is not a potential winning hand. it's more like "don't automatically assume the worst!" and i think it's good advice.

PJS 10-17-2005 02:30 PM

As one of the other posters said, it's the bible of low limit. The book is especially helpful if you have been playing a while, and are looking to move to a more advanced stage in your game. As for bad things about the book, I personally haven't got anything negative to say about it.

jakethebake 10-17-2005 02:33 PM

Never heard of it. Is it new?

benfranklin 10-17-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's all these references to the fact that there have been threads before??? i get tired of it, especially given that the search function is not exactly perfect on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been literally thousands of posts about this book. People who post questions like this have obviously done absolutely nothing to try to answer their own question, and are fair game for flames about their lack of effort.

The search function works very well. If anyone doesn't know how to use it, I'd advise starting with the FAQs in the Beginners Forum and the Internet Forum.

Warren Whitmore 10-17-2005 09:57 PM

Its a great book. The only thing I would change it the title. Should be called how to play in loose games. It is good for any limit where > 40% of the players are seeing the flop.

10-18-2005 12:34 AM

Thank you. Nice to see someone respond w/ something meaningful. I too get tired of the "use the search" reply. The search isn't that great so I'd rather post my own stating what I exactly want to know rather than waste an hour of my time searching for it.

10-18-2005 12:37 AM

lol thanks for the help Ben. Or should I say lack thereof. The search wastes my time even more than you do so I'd rather make my own post stating what I want to know.