Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scotch Tasting (NY/NJ) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379347)

edtost 11-16-2005 01:00 AM

Scotch Tasting (NY/NJ)

Diablo (and possibly others) have mentioned these (most recently here). Basically a bunch of guys each bring a bottle of something different and they drink.

Basically, it sounds like a pretty awesome idea, since scotch is tasty and drinking with friends rules. Unfortunately, most of my friends in real life are poor college kids with no taste in booze, so I turn to you guys. Would anyone else in the NY/NJ area be interested in such an event?

Luv2DriveTT 11-16-2005 02:13 AM

Re: Scotch Tasting (NY/NJ)

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo (and possibly others) have mentioned these (most recently here). Basically a bunch of guys each bring a bottle of something different and they drink.

Basically, it sounds like a pretty awesome idea, since scotch is tasty and drinking with friends rules. Unfortunately, most of my friends in real life are poor college kids with no taste in booze, so I turn to you guys. Would anyone else in the NY/NJ area be interested in such an event?

[/ QUOTE ]

how dare you not notify me of this thread. I'm in.

TT

istewart 11-16-2005 02:21 AM

TT your name is one of the worst on 2+2. I submit a motion to change it back to Luv2DriveTT.

ethan 11-16-2005 03:28 AM

These are awesome. They also work well if you just give people a price range and tell them to bring something interesting (so not necessarily scotch). It could be a bottle they've had before or just something they wanted to try.

edtost 11-16-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These are awesome. They also work well if you just give people a price range and tell them to bring something interesting (so not necessarily scotch). It could be a bottle they've had before or just something they wanted to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

scotch rules, but I'm certainly not averse to other drinks. whatever pleases the crowd.

ethan 11-16-2005 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scotch rules, but I'm certainly not averse to other drinks. whatever pleases the crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, the only solution is to have a scotch night and an everything night.

Man. I need to do another one of these soon, it's been at least 3 months.

KDawgCometh 11-16-2005 04:24 AM

I'm down. What is the recomended way of us going about the drinking, neat or a couple of rocks

xadrez 11-16-2005 10:04 AM

I love scotch. I might be down for this. Only problem is I am temporarily only in NYC a couple nights a week due to renovation in my new Apt.

emil3000 11-16-2005 11:16 AM

Seems like fun times for sure. One problem with scotch in particular is that some of the heavier ones, eg Lagavulin tends to numb your mouth and taste sense, so basically you can't appreciate the later drinks fully. So while you should certainly go ahead with the idea, it might be a good idea to focus on not so peaty or smoky scotches, or at least to drink them in order of peatiness.

xadrez 11-16-2005 11:18 AM

You start out light, definately.

But to omit peaty/smoky/island malts from a general scotch tasting is heresy.