Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   common situation (3 handed) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400817)

oreogod 12-18-2005 03:21 PM

common situation (3 handed)

3 handed game.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises.</font>

1. call down or fold (or 3bet if thats your flavor)? If the turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] does that change your desicion?
2.Call/Fold if u hold K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

12-18-2005 04:02 PM

Re: common situation (3 handed)

seems like a lot of people here have a 7 or 6 and think their two pair is now good.

12-18-2005 05:08 PM

Without a read, I don't think folding is a huge leak, but I would lead toward calling down. If he had 76, you just counterfeited him.

A turn K would make me lean toward folding, since we have to dodge 6 cards in the deck that could be in his hand instead of just 2.

I'd play K6 more conservatively, since villain can hold a few more overcards that could hit on the river. But not many more.

POKhER 12-18-2005 05:34 PM

its 3handed and no reads [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]?

99 ill call down, i figure 7's will get a bit cocky and think "Ah hes not got an ace man, thats just so unlikly now two are out" so start raising it up or bluff with other junk.

K6 is different as we're potentially behind a A or 7's and other cards if hes drawing to the river. Maybe not even have 5outs due to being against 67o.

Hmm i think i may ditch it although its SB vs BB so a call down seems standard.

climber 12-18-2005 05:41 PM

he's not aggressive enough you feel you can c/r the flop?

just wondering if betting is really our only option? with no reads as to postflop paly or clue as to his blind defense standard i dont have much for you except that if I had c/r the flop and lead the turn then his turn raise is a lot more convincing.

RandBriscoe 12-18-2005 06:11 PM

Eeek. With no reads, this is a toughy. I'd call down. However, in a 3BB pot, folding wouldn't break my heart...

Peter Harris 12-18-2005 06:43 PM

i like a calldown here. unfortunately it depends greatly on one's read of the villain

Disconnected 12-18-2005 06:54 PM

I'd call the turn raise, but I don't think it's too bad to fold. Rather than check/call, does anyone like a bet/fold line on the river, or is it too easy for the BB to raise a hand worse than ours?