Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Should I dumb my TPTK? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395587)

hemstock 12-10-2005 03:42 PM

Should I dumb my TPTK?

MP just sat down.
Would it be really bad to lay this down on the turn?

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB.

hemstock 12-10-2005 03:44 PM

Re: Should I dumb my TPTK?

Also this should be an easy laydown on the turn against a passive player correct?

12-10-2005 03:50 PM

did MP just sit down and post/call, or did he cold call pre-flop? Either way it looks like a set, but I am calling down to get some reads. It would suck to wonder if we folded the best hand in this big pot.

edit: grammery

LoaferGee12 12-10-2005 04:27 PM

I'm calling this one everytime. Even if the player is passive I'm not dumping this on the turn because. Even if you are behind you still may have outs to counterfeit his probable two pair.

Spook 12-10-2005 05:27 PM

I call the turn but I do not overcall the river based on my read of the third player... which is?

DCWildcat 12-10-2005 05:29 PM

How about a read? Pot is awful big to dump.

scotty34 12-10-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did MP just sit down and post/call, or did he cold call pre-flop? Either way it looks like a set, but I am calling down to get some reads. It would suck to wonder if we folded the best hand in this big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible reason to call down. The read you would gain from this is never worth the 2BB's you pay. Not saying this hand shouldn't be called down, but don't do it because of this.

Jinx 12-10-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible reason to call down. The read you would gain from this is never worth the 2BB's you pay. Not saying this hand shouldn't be called down, but don't do it because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true at party 1/2, but distinctly untrue at other levels and other sites.

scotty34 12-10-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true at party 1/2, but distinctly untrue at other levels and other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can the read gained from calling this down possibly be worth 2BB's ever???

Say he has a set or two pair - you learned he plays fast when he has a strong hand, does that mean you are gonna lay down TPTK next time he shows aggression?

Say he has 92o - this guy is a moron, but you don't think you were going to be able to figure that out for free within the next 10 hands?

Calling down simply "to get a read" or "to see what he had" is a huge mistake almost always.

POKhER 12-10-2005 06:53 PM

You've walked into a big hand or hes just super aggressive. I'll call down after the turn gets capped.

2BB in a 16BB pot... Ill pay.

Also i find folding big pots makes me want to tilt more than losing one. We have many hidden outs i reckon up to the river where the board doesn't pair(Unless a set of course).