Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK vs. c/r (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388079)

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 01:29 AM

AK vs. c/r

Not many hands on villain. He is about 35/6/1 over 40 hands. My image is very TAG and continuation betting about 100% of the time.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($35.85)
UTG ($78.10)
Hero ($103.65)
CO ($31.05)
Button ($37.30)
SB ($147.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $35</font>, Hero calls $28.

Turn: ($79) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, Hero?

Anyone playing the flop differently?

Maulik 11-30-2005 01:31 AM

Re: AK vs. c/r

nope, muck it now.

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 02:02 PM

bump bump bump it up

josie_wales 11-30-2005 02:25 PM

I just cant put him on any kind of 6. If he had one, would he raise you out?

I think he sees you c-betting 100% and decided to blow you off.

With you read/description, I call that $20 at 4-1 and hope for a free showdown.

jw

scdavis0 11-30-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nope, muck it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

more bad weak-tight advice

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nope, muck it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm mucking that small bet on a blank turn shouldn't I have folded the flop?

bigt2k4 11-30-2005 02:41 PM

only hand he has that has u beat is AA, u cant call flop for that size of reraise, either push or fold
he might have AK as well

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 02:49 PM

results

pushed the turn, he called with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

ajmargarine 11-30-2005 02:53 PM

Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
pushed the turn, he called with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you push the turn? Thoughts of 'cheap showdown' are dancing thru my head.

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 03:01 PM

value, what am I losing to here (besides what I lost to)?

Okay, how about I called the turn and another blank comes on the river. He pushes and I am getting 3:1 on the call. Am I folding?

ajmargarine 11-30-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
value, what am I losing to here (besides what I lost to)?

Okay, how about I called the turn and another blank comes on the river. He pushes and I am getting 3:1 on the call. Am I folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd be betting about $87 and the pot about $119....hmmm. My hopes would be that someone who could only bet 1/4 pot on the turn, wouldn't be up to bet that much on the river, which is usually the case. I think that's what I would count on after calling the flop c/r. Which I'm not so sure I would have called.

If you're pushing the turn, why didn't you 3-bet push the flop. Or are you pushing just because of the size of his turn bet?

TexArcher 11-30-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm mucking that small bet on a blank turn shouldn't I have folded the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, you can't call that big a c-r on the flop and then fold to a small turn bet. Not sure I would've pushed the turn, but you likely would have been forced all-in on the river anyway.

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're pushing the turn, why didn't you 3-bet push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I posted because I wanted to know if pushing the flop was the standard line in this situation.

Reef 11-30-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be results oriented.. just call the turn

ajmargarine 11-30-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're pushing the turn, why didn't you 3-bet push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I posted because I wanted to know if pushing the flop was the standard line in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, standard line in this situation is cheap showdown. Or folding to the flop c/r. I'd probably fold it against an unknown. It's a gutsy move to c/r that flop against a PFR unless you have a 6. I'd like to know villian is capable of that before calling his c/r. And for him to make a move on you without a 6, he would have to know that you are capable of laying down AK/AA in that spot. Because I don't see him really doing that with KQ/KJ, although I suppose it's possible.

xorbie 11-30-2005 03:32 PM

Check flop, call turn, bet river or call if he bets again. Presto.

el_grande 11-30-2005 03:34 PM

I think that is a great play with a 6. You raised PF so if a typical SSNL player has AA, AK, or maybe even KQ he gets all of their chips thinking there is no way he has a 6.

ajmargarine 11-30-2005 03:37 PM

One more thought...once you get to the turn the way you did, you are in a classic WA/WB situation. If you are ahead, he's got a TT/KQ type hand and is drawing to 2 or 3 outs. If you are behind, you are drawing to 2 outs. So that's why calling is betting than pushing IMO.

11-30-2005 04:03 PM

I would def. bet atleast 10 into that pot and not try and Check call. Your giving him advantage there. You can possible protect from him raising 35 by betting in 10. If he has the 6 (his starting hand is either A6 or 66)....either way your behind. But if he has the nuts he would most likely call and then break it hard on the turn with the blank.

At which point you might want to reconsider your hand.
It is possible that he is trying to protect face card pocket pairs....but unsure....

wdeadwyler 11-30-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line alot. wa/wb. Dont play for your stack here, cuz if he is willing to felt it, you are behind.

Guin 11-30-2005 04:29 PM

I find the problem with play a TAG style is that these are the types of hands that cause a lot of trouble. Villian could have gotten you all in without c/r the flop.

This is almost similar to overplaying overpairs which has been one of my problems but the solution is to be a bit more weak tight. That doesn't mean cbet but in the face of opposition or a calling station eventually we have to give up the hand.

I think laying down the best hand (or what we think is the best hand) is very difficult to do... but should be done sometimes.

Guin

ajmargarine 11-30-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that line too. This board is rainbow. Would you use that line if there were two spades on the board?

Andrew Fletcher 11-30-2005 04:53 PM

If you're just planning to fold once he re-raises on the turn, what is the point of calling the flop? There really aren't any draws on that board. I'd check and see what happens on the turn. Since he seems to think you'll make a continuation bet 100% of the time, I think he could be looking you up with nothing. Not betting the flop is a dramatic shift in strategy and might freak villian out a little bit.

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 05:02 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about checking this flop, but since I c/b almost 100% of flops, I thought it would look fishy and would cost me action against a lesser king or 77+

Hoopster81 11-30-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This board is rainbow. Would you use that line if there were two spades on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]