Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   where do you win? limit or NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345075)

noddyholder 09-26-2005 10:43 PM

where do you win? limit or NL

For you guys that are consistant winners. Do you win on NL or Limit tables?

TheBlueMonster 09-26-2005 11:07 PM

Re: where do you win? limit or NL

NL...I'm even. Limit I'm waaaaay down.

mmmmmbrother 09-26-2005 11:10 PM

the final answer is both
do you see why

Guthrie 09-26-2005 11:26 PM

Yes.

Felix_Nietsche 09-27-2005 09:20 AM

Not even close...............No Limit

In NL you can really PUNISH the call stations. In limit they still lose but at a much slower rate. I find limit frustrating. You raise with AK spike an ace on the flop, bet it, and some guy with A2 hits his 2-pair and takes the pot. In NL, you can rip their stack to shreds when they make plays like these.

dhaimon 09-27-2005 09:24 AM

Re: Not even close...............No Limit

Yes because in NL AK automatically wins even when he spikes a 2 on the river!

Mister Z 09-27-2005 10:08 AM

I SUCK at NL - I do pretty decent in tourneys but NL cash games are a mystery to me. Of course I've only bothered to play a handful of times... maybe I'm actually good at NL. Nevermind. Your answer is yes.

09-27-2005 10:16 AM

I find that luck plays a bigger factor in limit. like the above poster said, you cannot punish calling stations or chasers, and alot of times they out draw you, which could be devistating.

OrangeKing 09-27-2005 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find that luck plays a bigger factor in limit. like the above poster said, you cannot punish calling stations or chasers, and alot of times they out draw you, which could be devistating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas when they draw out on you in NL, they apologize and kindly return your stack.

Actually, I like both games - they present very different challenges. You'll win more at whichever game you're better at, not surprisingly.

otnemem 09-27-2005 10:47 AM

NL ring games are terrifyingly boring. Limit ring games are much more gooder. And IMO NL relies a lot more on luck than limit. In NL if someone hits that second pair on the river, you lose your whole stack. In limit, it's just another bet. The skill in limit HE is making small calculated decisions ideally. Limit relies more on concepts of making correct decisions now that affect your long run results. As I see it, NL relies more heavily on singular decisions...

Anyway, I think it's easier to be a good NL player than a good limit player, but I think ultimately learning the skills to become good at limit will reap more rewards than NL.