Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How much would GOD make playing poker? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240781)

pokersavant2005 04-27-2005 12:03 PM

How much would GOD make playing poker?

Alright, I thought the subject line seemed appropriate, but it may of been misleading.

I was playing Wilson's Turbo Texas Holdem the other day, and while using the function that shows you opponents holecards, I got a thought.

Assuming you knew everyone's holecards in a full ring game, how much would you make?

Also, how would you play? Would you simply raise preflop with ever hand that saw you with an advantage over the field? Would you play almost every hand (even heads up, when you KNOW you hold an underpair) because of the implied odds later on?

Also, bluffing when you know you hold the worse hand would be much easier, because you KNOW when he also has a weak holding (i.e. bottom pair) albeit a stronger hand than you.

I find all of this extremely interesting, and would love to hear everyone's line on it.

Rick.

purnell 04-27-2005 12:10 PM

Re: How much would GOD make playing poker?

Assuming god existed, only a fool or the devil would play with her.

smizmiatch 04-27-2005 12:23 PM

First of all, we have to assume God knows the hole cards but does not know what will come on the flop, turn and river.

But even then, it's hard to say how much God would make in BB/100. I mean, what's the maximum possible value you can get if you make every singled decision correctly over the long term?

I think I would raise preflop with every hand that gave me a positive expectation for raising.

I would not simply play every hand because I don't believe the implied odds of being God can justify playing bad cards. Even God can't beat the odds to that extreme.

Of course, because God is God, he would know what the implied odds are exactly, so he would always make the correct play. I'm sure he would play plenty of marginal hands because they have positive expectation (for a player of his caliber, at least).

einbert 04-27-2005 12:29 PM

Of all the absolutely ridiculous hypotheticals to be presented in this manner, this is easily the most ridiculous.

chief444 04-27-2005 12:31 PM

Isn't she against gambling or something like that?

Joshssj4 04-27-2005 12:39 PM

2bb/hour
1/2 nl

hypermegachi 04-27-2005 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming god existed, only a fool or the devil would play with her.

[/ QUOTE ]
her?

flair1239 04-27-2005 01:44 PM

Do you want me to post a screenshot of my results?

Catch of the Day 04-27-2005 01:55 PM

This has to belong in another forum...

Catch-

Chris Daddy Cool 04-27-2005 02:12 PM

this is probably a poker theory question.

but i'm going to guess something like 35bb/100. just a rough guess.