Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Non BCS Bowl Bets (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396881)

BottlesOf 12-12-2005 03:02 PM

Non BCS Bowl Bets

ANyone got any good ones? I'm in a pool with a friend...

mmbt0ne 12-12-2005 05:42 PM

Re: Non BCS Bowl Bets

GT -8.5

They've killed in bowl games the past two years against not-so-great teams, and lots of time to prepare.

51-14 against Syracuse last year
52-10 against Tulsa the year before

Utah isn't that good, and GT should feel like they have something to prove after getting shafted with the worst possible bowl, despite finishing 3rd in the ACC.

BottlesOf 12-12-2005 06:12 PM

Thanks. Although based on your avatar seem a bit biased [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but I'll def. pick GT in the early mid/rounds.

Anyone else?

12-12-2005 06:16 PM

Rutgers +11 is one that jumped out at me, and Im a big ASU fan. ASU has been underperforming all year and now they're in a somewhat meaningless bowl(again) OTOH, Rutgers is this years cinderella and should be pretty pumped up.

I think ASU's hfa pushed this line a little to high. ASU -7 seems about right to me.

JupiterUWG 12-12-2005 07:49 PM

i'm a huge michigan fan and i'd take nebraska +12...smells like a 7-10 point victory for the wolverines

mmbt0ne 12-12-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Although based on your avatar seem a bit biased [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

MOI?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kdog 12-12-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Utah isn't that good, and GT should feel like they have something to prove after getting shafted with the worst possible bowl, despite finishing 3rd in the ACC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I think Boston College being sent to Boise, Idaho is a worse shafting than the week in San Francisco awaiting the Jackets.

mmbt0ne 12-13-2005 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I think Boston College being sent to Boise, Idaho is a worse shafting than the week in San Francisco awaiting the Jackets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, we got sent there 2 years ago. 4 of our last 5 bowls have been on the west coast. And they wonder why we don't travel well.

At least Boise is an ACC bowl, not a PAC-10 bowl that got pawned off because not enough teams were eligible from that conference. GT got a worse bowl choice, as a better team.

hobbes9324 12-13-2005 03:28 AM

If the weather isn't awful, I don't see how the final between UCLA and Northwestern isn't something like 55-48 - I think the total of 74 looks low, as funny as that sounds.

JupiterUWG 12-13-2005 10:13 AM

I agree with the UCLA over...2 of the worst defenses I've seen this year