Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I found this hand interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326496)

private joker 08-31-2005 03:06 AM

I found this hand interesting

PFR is on the LAGgy side and is getting short stacked. UTG+1 is a calling station.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

thirddan 08-31-2005 03:16 AM

Re: I found this hand interesting

i like it...i assume that if UTG raises the turn and UTG+1 calls that you are calling down, but what if UTG+1 raises?

private joker 08-31-2005 03:20 AM

I'm folding to an UTG+1 raise, but if he cold-calls a UTG raise, I'm still worried on the river unless I improve.

cmwck 08-31-2005 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm folding to an UTG+1 raise, but if he cold-calls a UTG raise, I'm still worried on the river unless I improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is UTG+1 so passive that he can't have a worse ten? Or do people just not cold-call PF with KT, QT,, JT, at 5/10 level?

private joker 08-31-2005 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is UTG+1 so passive that he can't have a worse ten? Or do people just not cold-call PF with KT, QT,, JT, at 5/10 level?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they certainly do, and it's definitely one of the hands I can put him on.

toss 08-31-2005 03:56 AM

Looks good to me.

cmwck 08-31-2005 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that add up to folding tptk on the turn if UTG+1 raises? The multi-way factor?

Carmine 08-31-2005 05:16 AM

I like it given the player descriptions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that add up to folding tptk on the turn if UTG+1 raises? The multi-way factor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling staions don't raise a 3-flush turn without something that beats us IMO.

thejameser 08-31-2005 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lerxst337 08-31-2005 08:35 AM

Calling staions don't raise a 3-flush turn without something that beats us IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't take this personally, but I think this is just plain wrong. It seems many awful players that I am often up against will ONLY get aggressive when they have nut flush draws. The board pairs, and they lay down, but put a flush on the board, and the raises come like crazy..., at least where I play.