Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What's Going on with McEvoy? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=117953)

3rdEye 08-29-2004 05:07 AM

What\'s Going on with McEvoy?

Last week, Kathy Liebert took Tom McEvoy's place in the weekly TLB heads-up challenge against Teecoy, and this week, Greg Raymer is sitting in for McEvoy. Anyone privy to the situation with McEvoy? Hopefully he's just on vacation, rather than having some personal problems.

On a tangent, who the hell is Teecoy? The guy is on an absolute tear as of late.

SevenStuda 08-30-2004 01:21 PM

Re: What\'s Going on with McEvoy?

Tom McEvoy has AIDS.

-Dimitri

daryn 08-30-2004 01:28 PM

this troll needs to be canned mat

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-daryn

JTrout 08-31-2004 03:06 AM

I think he had some health problems at the WPO in Tunica last spring. Heart problems I believe.

I have no idea what his current health condition is.

Big O 08-31-2004 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this troll needs to be canned mat

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-daryn

[/ QUOTE ]

agree

whiskeytown 08-31-2004 11:19 AM

I think Tom is a prime example of a "bad beat"

ok...not really, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but I don't know of a guy who has had the problems he's had...(WSOP bracelet stolen, wife divorced, busted broke, health problems) who hasn't brought it on himself thur drugs/alcohol/bad living.

Tom, on the other hand, seems to be a poster boy for the "Bad things happen to good people" movement. Life has delivered the poor guy some bad beats and it ain't always been his fault......

RB

fnord_too 08-31-2004 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Tom is a prime example of a "bad beat"

ok...not really, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but I don't know of a guy who has had the problems he's had...(WSOP bracelet stolen, wife divorced, busted broke, health problems) who hasn't brought it on himself thur drugs/alcohol/bad living.

Tom, on the other hand, seems to be a poster boy for the "Bad things happen to good people" movement. Life has delivered the poor guy some bad beats and it ain't always been his fault......

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Arthur Ashe comes to mind. World class athlete (and all around class act) has non lifestyle related heart problems, then gets AIDS from a blood transfusion due to the heart problems. Oh yeah, he was in the hospital for brain surgery when he found out about the AIDS.

Mat Sklansky 08-31-2004 09:49 PM

Agreed

Turning Stone Pro 09-01-2004 09:29 AM

even I agree with that . . .

As annoying as I can be sometimes, that idiot crosses the line. I do try to bring some humor to the site (along with my occasional un-educated hand analysis) . . nothing humorous about that comment.

TSP