Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   x post from SS, annoying turn situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406393)

BatsShadow 12-28-2005 01:39 PM

Re: x post from SS, annoying turn situation

grunch:

This seems like a very clear check/call down. There isn't a card that can fall that makes the board any scarier than it already is (maybe a club?), but he can make this same play with a T or a Q.

Mathematically, he's more likely to hold the Q, right? We don't want to get pushed off our hand, so we just call, check/call.

milesdyson 12-28-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mathematically, he's more likely to hold the Q, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, if he plays all Qx on a QTT4 board the same as he plays all Tx. obviously this isn't the case.

this guy has a ten very often - if calling down is correct it is only very slightly +EV and only because he is an unknown.

12-28-2005 04:32 PM

Why would he play this way with a queen?

macdaddy991 12-28-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he play this way with a queen?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were that simple, hands like this wouldn't be an issue.

cold_cash 12-28-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? If ya don't mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly because you're just not winning often enough.

You're getting about 6:1 to showdown assuming MP2 calls the turn raise and you put in one bet on the river.

I think you'll be winnnig often enough to take that price, but you're not winning often enough to put in 3 bets (or more) to get there.

If you did happen to 3-bet the turn and were capped, I would think you would have to fold. If you go call/call you put in the same amount of dough, but you get to turn your cards over and see who wins.

Pedigree 12-28-2005 06:01 PM

I'd definitely call down against an unknown at my current limits. I'm inclined to believe that at 5/10 this is a T more often than it is in micro-limit. Without much 5/10 experience I'd probably call.

bottomset 12-28-2005 08:20 PM

protected pot turn c/r's are almost always the goods, especially on turn blanks

I'm pretty sure this is a fold

tassie 12-29-2005 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting about 6:1 to showdown assuming MP2 calls the turn raise and you put in one bet on the river.

I think you'll be winnnig often enough to take that price, but you're not winning often enough to put in 3 bets (or more) to get there.

If you did happen to 3-bet the turn and were capped, I would think you would have to fold. If you go call/call you put in the same amount of dough, but you get to turn your cards over and see who wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

Aaron W. 12-29-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also the scant 5% of the time that you river an ace to pick up a pot that you would have otherwise lost by the 3-bet-fold line. There's something like .5-.7 BB to be picked up there.

Catsailor 12-29-2005 02:43 PM

Grunch:
I think call turn, Ck/c river UI. Wouldn't bb rr flop with a T? Villians turn Ck/r looks like T or Q4 or 44 or not. Maybe clubs + Q. A call down may just cost 2 bb and you will know what he had. Or catch your As and take it down.