Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sanity check. I played this hand right, right? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342412)

Jinx 09-22-2005 10:21 PM

Sanity check. I played this hand right, right?

Just sat down, so no read on villain. I can't possibly check the river behind or fold to the check raise, can I?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

MINETZ 09-22-2005 10:23 PM

Re: Sanity check. I played this hand right, right?

yes

tongni 09-22-2005 10:24 PM

I'd either check the river or fold to the checkraise. Depends on my read of him.

purnell 09-22-2005 10:44 PM

Easy call, IMO, on pot odds alone.

twowords 09-22-2005 11:03 PM

Ugly one. Check and call but defnitely don't bet and fold since a ten might raise you. If we knew he sucks, then I would bet and call a raise.

meow_meow 09-23-2005 12:29 PM

I think most players at 3-6 are capping preflop only with hands that have you beat on the river.

Womble 09-23-2005 12:37 PM

Can you see any worse hands that will call your river bet? 99 is slighlty possible. He probably thought you had an A on the flop but couldn't fold. He may have even slowplayed an A or now knows his KK, QQ, JJ are good

DaSpade 09-23-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think most players at 3-6 are capping preflop only with hands that have you beat on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my thought. Without reads though, you need to call the river.

paco 09-23-2005 12:52 PM

I think you can yell f#%@ really loud and call the river. This just got ugly but you can't fold. I think you will see another T or smaller pp pair enough to do so.

No SB cap on 99-66 in 3/6? I've seen it.

09-23-2005 01:24 PM

I bet/call this river for sure. I think a percentage of the time you'll see a desperate bluff flipped over with KJ or something similar. I think its far more likely he's calling you down with a lower pair or even a KT type hand than it is that he's got JJ-KK or an A.

I think it is pretty rare that they c/c to the river with top trips there, you'll almost always get popped on the turn. I don't think an A is a real enough possibility to worry about it.

Anyhow I think you've got the best hand often enough here, and the pot is big enough. You have to call the raise.