Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Is this push insane or standard? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=273814)

Gusti 06-15-2005 10:23 PM

Is this push insane or standard?

Im not clever enough to make the converter work, so sorry if this hand looks a little weird.

Anyways, theres 4 players left in a 20+2 SnG. Blinds are 150/300 I am the chipleader and first to act. I am dealt Qc 3d and push.

Thought they cant really call me on the bubble without a monster, so I tend to push almost any 2 cards here. Is that overdoing it and does it ever make sense to raise less in that spot?

Thanks for your help guys

UTG (2760)
UTG+ 1(1640)
SB (1885)
BB (1715)

Hero raises (2760) to 2760
Hero is all-In.

valenzuela 06-15-2005 10:26 PM

Re: Is this push insane or standard?

standard push.

Freudian 06-15-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly standard. I would fold here unless the others were really tight.

Now if I had 3500 chips and the others had 1500 each I would push. But this situation is far from that.

valenzuela 06-15-2005 10:47 PM

anyone who calls without a monster u is the biggest idiot on history, u must have some FE.

Freudian 06-15-2005 10:53 PM

Sure I have some FE. I have that in most hands I play in a SnG. I still don't push any two the first chance I get, especially in a situation like this. I am least likely to push crap UTG and most likely to push crap from SB here.

Hero is in a good seat here. But if called and loses, which is very likely if he is called he is suddenly in desperation mode with 1000 chips and a 300 blind coming in two hands.

Wild aggression on the bubble is a huge leak. Smart aggression is an asset.

Gusti 06-15-2005 10:53 PM

Right, opponents werent especially tight as far as I remember, especially UTG+1 seemed a bit on the loose side. What would be your minimum hand for pushing in this spot or is it mainly opponent-dependent?

Freudian 06-15-2005 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, opponents werent especially tight as far as I remember, especially UTG+1 seemed a bit on the loose side. What would be your minimum hand for pushing in this spot or is it mainly opponent-dependent?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are solid players (ie, not that loose) I would probably push A8+, 55+, KQs, KJs, QJs, KTs and JTs from UTG. Of course it depends. If I have gotten my big stack through tight play and just winning a few big hands I might push more.

Once I get my stack twice the size of the second largest stack I push a wider range.

I have no idea if I am very tight UTG here though. Perhaps the forum wisdom is to push any two?

Gusti 06-15-2005 11:20 PM

Thanks a lot for your help Freudian. I am afraid the influence of the "curtains push any 2" philosophy is making me a bit of a maniac in places where I dont really have a clue what im supposed to do. Of course I got called by UTG+1s 44 (that call must be horrible though, I hadnt been pushing a lot ealier) and lost. Got lucky and won the tourn anyway though, so why complain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

microbet 06-15-2005 11:39 PM

It is neither an obvious, nor a terrible push. Without any read, I just think it is borderline, but probably slightly positive. I would certainly consider what my image already was and what the whether this will strongly impact it.

The call from UTG+1 was horrible. Even if he put you on any two, it was horrible.

Val, you must think a new person is the biggest idiot in history pretty much every SNG you play.

Freudian 06-15-2005 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The call from UTG+1 was horrible. Even if he put you on any two, it was horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy for you to say. The guy probably heard Vince Van Pattens voice saying "Wow, he has a wired pair of fours" in his head. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]