Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tricky turn decision, trickier river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408328)

pokerjunky 12-31-2005 06:22 PM

Tricky turn decision, trickier river

No reads except stats which say this is pretty loose and passive over a small sample size.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls??

River: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero???

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

raze 12-31-2005 06:30 PM

Re: Tricky turn decision, trickier river

Very weird turn bet.. without a read I'd call it and see what his deal is.

imported_leader 12-31-2005 06:53 PM

I'd play it the same. This move is almost always some pair. You have enough outs to call on the turn, and he doesn't have a K every time so the river is fine.

LoaferGee12 12-31-2005 07:53 PM

The turn call is close, but I make it. I'd give you about 4 outs for the gutshot and 1.5 between your A and Q. So with approximately 5.5 outs, and getting 7:1 it's just a call. River is easy call.

Obliky 12-31-2005 08:20 PM

Yeah i play this the same..call the river and hope he doesnt show something retarted like 22 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MicroBob 12-31-2005 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn decision is the trickier of the two actually.

River is an easy call.
turn is a call too....but you actually have to think about it.

Redd 12-31-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn decision is the trickier of the two actually.

River is an easy call.
turn is a call too....but you actually have to think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I just thought to myself that the turn was trickier than the river.

6.75BB pot, can expect to make up say 1.5BB when we hit, go we're getting 8.3:1 on a call. With 4 pretty clean straight outs, we only need a total of 1 out between our queens and aces, and it seems like we have well over 1 effective out from the 6 pair cards. Why would you say this is so close?

MicroBob 12-31-2005 08:33 PM

I don't think the turn decision is particularly close.

I don't think either decision is tricky actually...but if I had to rate them I'd say the river-decision is easier to immediately see. you actually have to use a few brain-cells to determine to make that call on the turn.

krishanleong 12-31-2005 10:40 PM

easy river call.

Krishan

tech help?

krishanleong 12-31-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn call is close, but I make it. I'd give you about 4 outs for the gutshot and 1.5 between your A and Q. So with approximately 5.5 outs, and getting 7:1 it's just a call. River is easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a call but I think you are over discounting simply because monsters don't tend to play hands like this. So your pair outs are good more often than normal.

Krishan