Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   5/10 T8o flops top pair in multiway raised pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405791)

aLOWdAkING 12-27-2005 07:02 AM

5/10 T8o flops top pair in multiway raised pot

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

I think it's my first hand at the table, no reads.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

5 way pot, top pair medium kicker out of position. Is there a consensus for check-raising or donking? Are both of these better than check-calling?

Turn: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Planned to check-fold this.

River: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

With the A checked around, is this a value bet? Or is it safer to check-call because original raiser could have played JJ-KK very passively on the turn, not to mention who knows what the other players have.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Vote4Pedro 12-27-2005 07:23 AM

Re: 5/10 T8o flops top pair in multiway raised pot

Whats with the preflop call?

edit: if youre gonna call PF, C/R a favorable flop

Chairman Wood 12-27-2005 08:46 AM

You need to c/r this flop. 10 SB, fairly big, you could probably count on CO to bet, you have to c/r this. Donking the flop is hmmm... bad but superior to your chosen play. I don't see why in the world you would check this flop only to call it. Even if SB calls CO's bet you need to raise this.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (7 BB) A (4 players)

Planned to check-fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think thats a bad idea.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (7 BB) 3 (4 players)

With the A checked around, is this a value bet? Or is it safer to check-call because original raiser could have played JJ-KK very passively on the turn, not to mention who knows what the other players have.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, reads would help. I go for a bet. I think quite a few pp lower than ten you will get calls from. split 6's as well.

Chairman Wood 12-27-2005 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats with the preflop call?

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I losing money here? I don't think its bad.

hemstock 12-27-2005 09:26 AM

It's too marginal in my oppinion. If it was suited, then maybe yes. But an unsuited 2 gapper it's not the best thing to complete to call from the BB.

istewart 12-27-2005 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's too marginal in my oppinion. If it was suited, then unquestionably yes

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

boscoboy 12-27-2005 10:56 AM

this is 5/10?? 6 max?? really??

looks like the button is the only one that played the hand correctly and he surely folded the winner