Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   You're starting an NFL franchise... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=154931)

pudley4 11-29-2004 03:12 PM

You\'re starting an NFL franchise...

Who is your first pick? Two scenarios:

1 - Madden-style redraft. All NFL teams lose everyone off their rosters and have to redraft. You get the first pick, then the 64th pick, 65th, 128th, etc. Your team will obviously be competitive immediately.

2 - Expansion-style. All NFL teams are allowed to protect 35 players. Your team will be made up of leftovers and draft picks. However, you are allowed to pick one protected player. Your team may take a few years to be competitive.

PhatTBoll 11-29-2004 03:16 PM

Re: You\'re starting an NFL franchise...

Here we go again...

Scenario 1: Peyton

Scenario 2: Tomlinson

Rick Diesel 11-29-2004 03:17 PM

It would be very tough for me to pass up a 100% healthy Jonathan Ogden.

Rick Diesel

stabn 11-29-2004 03:17 PM

Manning
Tomlinson

If i'm competitive a solid QB is my #1 choice, and no one is better than Payton right now. Otherwise, it's Tomlinson. He's younger and i'm really going to need him beating it down through the middle to open it up enough for my young QB to learn.

Non_Comformist 11-29-2004 03:25 PM

Vick & Vick,

I believe in this guy, just scratching the surface but has already figured out how to win.

tolbiny 11-29-2004 03:29 PM

If i am starting a new franchise in a city that has never had a football team before then vick is the easy choice. The immediate fan base and huge crowds would be worth any dropoff in talent between him and another QB(not that there is any).

Starting a new franchise with the intent to win i would choose either the best offensive lineman in the game or the player with the most trade equity, then trade him in a manner to build a strong o-line.

hoyaboy1 11-29-2004 03:45 PM

Finding a good RB is easy. Drafting one 1st is extremely foolish in either scenario.

ThaSaltCracka 11-29-2004 03:46 PM

1. Manning
2. Ray Lewis

Rick Diesel 11-29-2004 03:54 PM

Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in the history of the NFL, and is not even the first or second best player on the Ravens. He does talk a good game though.

Sponger15SB 11-29-2004 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in the history of the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Replace that with Warren Sapp and I'll believe you.