Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Cold Calling and PT (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221583)

aron 03-28-2005 03:31 PM

Cold Calling and PT

Instead of highjacking this thread, I thought I'd better start my own.

Just got PT a couple of days ago and only played 5K hands so I know about the sample size problem.
Anyway, what are normal cold calling standards? Someone said something about 1%.
When I looked at my stats I saw I was cold calling 0.06% of the time.

Have I taken the whole raise-or-fold-never-cold-call concept too far?

If there is a thread or something about "normal" or "ultimate" PT stats, please direct me there. Searched for it but only found people asking about stats.

-aron

LSUfan1 03-28-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Cold Calling and PT

Before you tell me this has nothing to do with cold calling, I know. It is however a good thread to start with regarding poker tracker.

davelin 03-28-2005 03:46 PM

I don't have my stats in front of me. But it looks like you cold-call infrequently which is a pretty good thing.

tiltaholic 03-28-2005 04:02 PM

A one percent cold-calling rate is extremely high.
That means one hand every 100 hands.
That means if you are playing, say, 18-20 hands every 100 hands you are cold calling one of them. That's a lot.

My cold calling rate at 1/2 (27k hands) is 0.12%, or 33 times total, about once every one thousand hands. I could post all of those situations and I'm pretty sure most of them are incorrect or marginal at best.

aron 03-28-2005 04:06 PM

Thanks you guys for link and telling me that this is OK.

-aron

LSUfan1 03-28-2005 04:09 PM

Complete Noob question:

Where do I find my Cold Calling frequency numbers in poker tracker?

tiltaholic 03-28-2005 04:13 PM

under the "position stats" tab there is a preflop cold calling % column.
It can also be filtered on the "general info screen" by selecting it in the filter options under "preflop decisions" or some such...

LSUfan1 03-28-2005 04:18 PM

Thanks. I am sitting at 0.68 which is probably way too high for me. Guess I have to watch those CC's. Thanks!

UncleSalty 03-28-2005 04:45 PM

Another n00b question: Is it cold-calling only if you are the first person to call a raise, or is it still a CC even if there are several callers after the raise before the action reaches you? If the latter is still a CC I think I have found another major leak.

-Salty

AlmightyJay 03-28-2005 04:47 PM

I've cold-called seven times in about 1300 hands. I looked through them the other day and I believe five of them seemed justified, while the other two seemed terrible in hindsight.