Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KQ top pair (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407593)

badplayer 12-30-2005 03:24 AM

KQ top pair

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button is TAG -- very tight. (Whole table is TAG.)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ???.

Criticism on all streets (not table-selection) welcome.

12-30-2005 03:30 AM

Re: KQ top pair

Sure looks like AK, KK, TT or AA. How wide a range would he 3-bet you with? I can't imagine playing QQ, JJ, 99, or AQ like that on the flop and turn.

Folding the turn seems fine.

12-30-2005 03:34 AM

Im folding the turn.

shant 12-30-2005 03:35 AM

I think check/calling or check/raising the flop is much better than bet/calling.

12-30-2005 03:41 AM

A PFR number on villian would really help as I want to know if he would be the type of player to 3 bet us sort of light based on position, but I'm pretty worried that he has us crushed. I think I check call the whole way down.

12-30-2005 03:51 AM

Based on your read I don't see what you can beat (perhaps split w/KQs) unless he'd 3bet preflop w/KJs here or play QQ, JJ super aggressive postflop, everything else is crushing you it appears. Fold the turn.

setzf 12-30-2005 05:21 AM

although i don't think its very clear cut i think this might be a good time for WA/WB line on the flop, ie check call the flop. I dont want to give a tag the chance to raise my flop bet with QQ/JJ inducing me to fold incorrectly later, both of which he will certainly bet if checked to.
The turn seems trickier. I am debating between continuing the WA/WB line or just bet-fold the turn. the first line potentially wins more when were ahead (and he bets the turn with QQ/JJ) but the second line potentially loses us less when were behind (and he raises TT/KK/AA/maybe AK). Given that we are most likely behind I would probably bet-fold the turn. On the other hand if were just called that leaves us in a sticky situation on the river.