Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Suspension for look-alike drug (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=159136)

elwoodblues 12-08-2004 12:04 PM

Suspension for look-alike drug

This story just pissed me off today. A 4th grade girl was suspended for bringing a look-alike drug to school. Apparently she had what appeared to be 30 Jell-O shots. Turns out they were just Jell-O. Imagine that, a fourth grader who brought Jell-O to school. What's next, a juice box?

Article

Of course, she was selling them for a buck a piece [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nicky g 12-08-2004 12:16 PM

Re: Suspension for look-alike drug

C'mon, she probably wanted 9 days off school. Everyone's a winner.

ThaSaltCracka 12-08-2004 12:59 PM

so stupid...... The girl was suspended for violating school rules against possessing or trying to distribute a "lookalike," or something that appears to contain drugs or alcohol.

doesn't matter whether or not it is a drug, it just has to look like it. I hope no one brings parsely to school for their lunch.

EarlCat 12-08-2004 04:01 PM

I think any kid carrying a bottle of water should be suspended for possessing look-alike vodka. Having OJ for breakfast? Looks like a screwdriver to me. And that milk looks suprisingly like a white russian!

EarlCat 12-08-2004 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, she was selling them for a buck a piece [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jell-O shots for a buck! You can't beat that at happy hour!

elwoodblues 12-08-2004 04:04 PM

Your reply is shaping up to be a pretty strong resume for a job in that district.

elwoodblues 12-08-2004 04:07 PM

Update

Bill Cosby charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Apparently he was pushing Jell-O for years unbeknownst to local authorities.

A spokesman for Mr. Cosby refused to comment on the charges.

Developing...

CORed 12-08-2004 10:56 PM

I don't know why, but public school administration seems to attract way more than it's fair share of really stupid people (with college degrees, sometimes even graduate degrees).

When I was a kid, I thought my parents, teachers, and shcool princpals/assistant principals, etc. were really dumb. I was wrong about my parents. I was wrong about some of my teachers (and right about some), but I was right about all of the school administrators I had any ineraction with.

elwoodblues 12-09-2004 01:30 AM

I wouldn't go that far at all. I have a lot of respect for school administrators. Their jobs are terribly difficult and they are underappreciated. They make their fair share of mistakes and get blamed for them accordingly, but they also get blamed for countless things that are beyond their control.

Michael Davis 12-09-2004 02:08 AM

I know nothing about this story but I'd bet a lot of money this girl wasn't white.

-Michael