Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   JTs and similar preflop question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350013)

AdamL 10-04-2005 01:08 AM

JTs and similar preflop question

JTs on the button. You have a raiser, a cold caller, and a re-raiser. Can you call?

That's pretty extreme. But how loose a call can I make with something like JTs with 3-4 opponents in?

10-04-2005 01:09 AM

Re: JTs and similar preflop question

IMO you can't call 3 bets cold with JTs unless it's going to bet 5-6 handed at least. If no reraise I think a call is proably ok.

JoshuaD 10-04-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That's pretty extreme. But how loose a call can I make with something like JTs with 3-4 opponents in?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can cold-call 2 sometimes.

Don't be anxious to do it, look only for the really juicy spots.

hemstock 10-04-2005 05:05 AM

No IMO.
There are just tooo many hands that dominate you.

TennesseeKid 10-04-2005 05:08 AM

Grunch:

I say call and you are doing well with the multi-pot and they are more than likely going to eliminate each others clean outs.

@bsolute_luck 10-04-2005 06:32 AM

how are people making there decision? has anyone even put ranges on anyone's hand?

fold. the times you don't hit, up against a made stronger hand, or are reverse dominated outweight the times you will make a better hand making this a -EV call in the long run.

TomBrooks 10-04-2005 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how loose a call can I make with something like JTs with 3-4 opponents in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold call two. Fold to a reraise.

This would be very unusual but maybe cold call a three bet if 6 are already in for at least two. Count early limpers as having a 30-50% chance of coming along as some will fold when it comes back two to them.

JoshuaD 10-04-2005 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No IMO.
There are just tooo many hands that dominate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're going to be folding alot of flops. We're not looking to catch TP, we're looking to flop a strong draw.

DCWildcat 10-04-2005 05:55 PM

Cold calling 2 is fine...3 would demand quite a bit. Maybe the "6 or more" previously mentioned.

Let's not be so scared of domination here. You don't even have an A, K, or Q.

10-04-2005 06:00 PM

With 3 players in we're getting like 9:3 (3:1), on the first call, and another 3:1 on the 2nd if original bettor caps it.

I've read that it is good idea to raise JTs on the button when 3-4 have limped in--this is different. Here you are already getting 4:1 and so you are betting for equity, as everyone will call the raise, jez?

When there is a 3-bet, then we need really big implied odds, so I would muck this most of the time. However, if I'm seeing that the blinds are really loose and never fold, then maybe I'm calling. I think a cap would be bad.