Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I want the forums to be split... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278395)

freemoney 06-22-2005 05:40 PM

I want the forums to be split...

its not a matter of high or low stakes, its that 95% of the posts are awful and take up space. please most of you quit poker.

smb394 06-22-2005 05:41 PM

Re: I want the forums to be split...

[ QUOTE ]
its not a matter of high or low stakes, its that 95% of the posts are awful and take up space. please most of you quit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

TheNoodleMan 06-22-2005 05:42 PM

when the donks quit poker, where will the free money come from?

spentrent 06-22-2005 05:43 PM

Let's bump this thread until the end of time. Poignant, ironic, colonic, well played nh gc nb neehaaaaaaa.

freemoney 06-22-2005 05:45 PM

i guess i realize this will not generate any discussion and is kind of pointless its just very frustrating, i think the SnG forum while it can be a useful tool, could really be a great place for intelligent players to share ideas i just think the inefficiency of reading this forum is very -EV.

treeofwisdom7 06-22-2005 05:47 PM

i post crap on this site all the time.. why?

A: because it makes it harder for anyold johnny boy to find out how to be a great player

tminus 06-22-2005 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please most of you quit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

attitudes like this spawn just as many useless posts
chill out man

gumpzilla 06-22-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i realize this will not generate any discussion and is kind of pointless its just very frustrating, i think the SnG forum while it can be a useful tool, could really be a great place for intelligent players to share ideas i just think the inefficiency of reading this forum is very -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel there is a lack of intelligent poker content, contribute in a poker related fashion. Make more content. Make more threads suck less. Don't just whine about the awfulness of the forum, because it doesn't help in the slightest and just makes you look like a douchebag. Or, stop reading it for a while, and only come back to post when you do have something to say. I'm not saying the last statement in the spirit of "You suck, go away," but rather as an actual piece of advice as to how you could get more out of the forum if you think it's too noisy at the moment.

maddog2030 06-22-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel there is a lack of intelligent poker content, contribute in a poker related fashion. Make more content. Make more threads suck less.

[/ QUOTE ]

His point is that it's overwhelming. To do this to any substantial degree would consume even more time and energy. I think there is a good reason why there's a seperation of limits in other forums.

And yes, you have a good point. The community needs people to contribute more good content in order to survive, but I think the inefficiency he speaks of deters the flow of good content. Good posts simply get lost very easily, and the sheer number of posts deters better posters from taking the time to read most people's threads. It just simply eats up too much time to make it worthwhile.

TheTimeIsUp 06-22-2005 06:19 PM

Free, you are obviously out voted here.
Long live the pointless disussion!!