Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   good time for a squeeze or spewage? foxwoods 5-5 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372838)

smurfitup 11-06-2005 07:00 AM

good time for a squeeze or spewage? foxwoods 5-5

i've been at the table for 30 min. or so and haven't played a hand past the flop... utg+2 seems like a good, thinking player... utg seems donkish... effective stacks are $1500

utg limps, utg+2 limps, mp1 limps, co makes it 25, hero calls in sb w/ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] bb calls, limpers call
($150)

flop is q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checked around

turn is k [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero checks, utg bets 70, utg+2 thinks and calls, hero makes it 300...

edge 11-06-2005 07:07 AM

Re: good time for a squeeze or spewage? foxwoods 5-5

I presume you were going for a checkraise on the flop? Turn is kind of weird. I don't think many players would go for a cr on the turn after missing a flop cr with something like 88 or 66. Although I normally like to be in there betting and raising, I think calling after the other caller is not bad. Your outs are pretty well disguised.

sawseech 11-06-2005 07:08 AM

you need utg to fold
300 probably isn't enough to muscle him out
once utg folds, utg+1 will too; if utg calls, utg+1 calls (or may reisolate YOU figuring you for a squeeze)

make it at least 400 if you're going to do this

i would fold and wait since i have good relative position on utg's action

smurfitup 11-06-2005 07:11 AM

well, since it was like 48 people to the flop, i was waiting to see how the action transpired... i actually would play a set the same way, though, since you would assume the k hit someone with so many players in the hand... maybe this is a leak?

edge 11-06-2005 07:12 AM

The pot should be 125 + 140 = 265 with 70 to call. I win and get to be the first person to point out DOUBLE GUTTER CLEARLY I AM A GREAT PLAYER BECAUSE I NOTICED IT AM I RITE. Folding sounds pretty bad to me.

sawseech 11-06-2005 07:15 AM

i'm not a big math guy and will tend to chuck a double gutter here if i'm not squeezing

smurfitup 11-06-2005 07:15 AM

hahaha, you certainly are the greatest... i guess just calling the turn becomes a bit problematic since at is likely for either villain and a j would bust me.. either way, i think folding is the worst option available.

creedofhubris 11-06-2005 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, you certainly are the greatest... i guess just calling the turn becomes a bit problematic since at is likely for either villain and a j would bust me.. either way, i think folding is the worst option available.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT is likely? These guys suck that hard?

smurfitup 11-06-2005 07:34 AM

more likely for utg than utg+2, though it does seem that utg+2 is on a draw.

FoxwoodsFiend 11-06-2005 02:06 PM

Bluffing into multi-way pots in this game tends to be suicidal