Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   MTT Forum Census (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367621)

ClaytonN 10-29-2005 12:12 AM

MTT Forum Census

Some general questions, feel free to answer:

-What percentage of your money is dedicated to poker?
-How often do you cash out? What's your procedure for it?
-Do you have a set goal amount of MTT's to play a week?
-How much gamb00l do you have?
-Where were you a year ago with MTT's?
-Where are you now?
-Where do you want to be a year from now?

Yuv 10-29-2005 12:19 AM

Re: MTT Forum Census

[ QUOTE ]

-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]

- None. Never invested a dime in online poker. Got my roll from 10$ I got free on pacificpoker.
- Cashed out once when Pacific froze my account due to blocking israeli players. Havn't cashed out since.
- No.
- More and more as time goes by.
- Playing freerolls in UB
- #20 on the TLB monthly ranking (and seriously, just establishing my poker persona. Getting better by the day. Still far from good, but i'm getting there, step by step)
- Living off MTT money and traveling a bit with the WPT.

That's about it.

AtticusFinch 10-29-2005 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) My whole roll came from about $200 I deposited at UB about 18 mos ago.
2) Usually if I get over about 2k at a site I cash out
3) No. I work for a living.
4) Gamb00l? What's that?
5) Had never played one. I was a SNG guy.
6) Only been playing MTTs for about 3 mos. I've had a nice start, although I'm on a nasty downswing at the present. Thinking of changing my handle to "Bubblicious."
7) My first win would be nice. (I have several 2nds. And I won the KOTZ rebuy, but that doesn't really count.)

KneeCo 10-29-2005 12:42 AM

Got my bankroll from instant bankroll (75$ on PP), built that up playing ring games, SnGs and MTTs.

Generally, whenever the bankroll hits 1500 I cash out 1000 (by check). Actually lost the 500 after a recent cash out (played beyond the roll b/c the BBJackpot on PP was so seductive) awhile back and had to make my first deposit (which only amounted to redepositing a fraction of what I had pulled out, but still hurt the ego quite a bit and made me consider hanging it up).

No, I do however try to have a healthy ration of limit ring v MTT (I enjoy the latter more but make a more consistent profit on the former).

Less than most brown trouts I think, but enough to get me in trouble on occassion.

Wasn't in the game.

-Where are you now?
Barely in the game.

In the game.

wiggs73 10-29-2005 12:45 AM

- My role came from $120 deposited into Pokerroom.com last December. I have what is probably too much of my total worth in poker sites now, but I blame this on being a poor college student.

- When I need (sometimes when I want) cash for something.

- No, I don't really set goals for poker.

- Not much.

- Not playing them.

- My biggest cash has been in an Empire 5k gaur. for $1350. This is also my only win. I have 2 second places, one in a Pokerroom $5.50 and one in a PP $5.50 Stud. I have a few other final tables. My improvement in the past few months has been drastic.

- I'd like to be playing bigger buy-ins more consistently. The biggest I play now with any regularity is $33s. I take shots at $55s on occasion and I've played one $162 on Stars with some T$ that I won. I finished just outside the money but felt like I can compete at that level. I'd like to start playing more satellites on Stars and try to accumulate some more T$ so that I can take shots at these more often.

ClaytonN 10-29-2005 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And I won the KOTZ rebuy, but that doesn't really count.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This counts just as much as an MTT win. My first win was a $30 KOTZ against 50 brown trouts. I value that more than any big field win, setting $$$ aside.

ansky451 10-29-2005 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I am a student, with no full time job, every dime I have made in my life is from poker winnings. I have a pretty comfortable cushion however, and I don't use a very large % of my bankroll when playing.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually only when I have just won a lot in a tournament. I don't cash out very often.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots- when it comes to poker. I rarely play outside my bankroll, and never play other forms of gambling. As for my tournament poker gamb00l, I have been called a maniac many times.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Being really bad at them, playing no higher than 50 bucks. Last summer I came 2nd in a party 20 dollar tournament for 3400, effectively creating my bankroll. I used it mostly for cash games, and not a lot of tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]
-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm, straight buying into 1000 dollar tournaments is fun. I consider tourney poker my strongest game, especially after my awesome summer run. Won 2 tournaments, and had some other really deep finishes in big buy ins.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing at least some major live tournaments, EPT or something, cause I'm still 18. I also want to have won a major sunday tournament, as I have been painfully close (6th and 10th in Party 500k).

CardSharpCook 10-29-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-What percentage of your money is dedicated to poker?Hard to say, but I have about 50K ready to go at all times. (not that I'm using that much, but my healthy reserves are 50K.)
-How often do you cash out? What's your procedure for it?The minimum I want to have on party is 500 BBs. When it gets to 700 BBs, I cash out back to 500
-Do you have a set goal amount of MTT's to play a week?Not at all! MTTs are supposed to be fun. If I wanna play, I play, if not, I don't. Usually about 5-10 a week.
-How much gamb00l do you have?Very little, but I do enjoy donking the $2R or low limit tables with friends.
-Where were you a year ago with MTT's?Just made my 1st FT 6-way split in a live $50R for a cool $600
-Where are you now?Losing every MTT I play, but playing all the expensive ones. LOOKING FOWARD TO THE BAHAMAS!!!
-Where do you want to be a year from now? In the kitchen.

[/ QUOTE ]

AtticusFinch 10-29-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I won the KOTZ rebuy, but that doesn't really count.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This counts just as much as an MTT win. My first win was a $30 KOTZ against 50 brown trouts. I value that more than any big field win, setting $$$ aside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong -- I value it greatly. It's easily my crowning achievement so far. But, it was only 40 entrants. It's just not the same game as a 1k entry MTT, even if the field was vastly more skilled.

Plus I got one hell of a run of cards in it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LethalRose 10-29-2005 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As most I'am a student, I have invested about $500 in poker in the form of books+loses, I have made that up. I have a "job" where i work one day a week. It covers my expenses.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to cash out a large percentage after a big win, this is a mistake and I dont plan on ever doing it again until I can withstand variance, right now i cant.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as playing outside my BR I never do. I do however take chances and go with my feeling @ a table.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasnt playing poker a year ago.
[ QUOTE ]
-Where are you now?

[/ QUOTE ]
a measily 2k br after having a really bad 90 day stretch with 1 cash, I've cashed out like 3x that amount, I realize now that was stupid, variance is a bitch. Hopefully I can make it back.(help?)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
higher than where I'am now