Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A very weird spot 10 20 party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399428)

James282 12-16-2005 02:12 AM

A very weird spot 10 20 party

Total donk idiot with 6k stack (74/40 or so) minraises UTG, 3 callers and I make it 240 with AQ and 2400 stack. Folded to the third cold caller who is 27/7 and seems to play well postflop(he has a name that leads me to believe he is a 2+2er) who makes it 600. His stack is 2k. What's the play here? Easy fold? Push? Calling seems to be worst, but I don't know for sure. You rarely see someone be the third cold caller and come over the top of a raise like this.
-James

whitelime 12-16-2005 02:16 AM

Re: A very weird spot 10 20 party

Just fold. I've stopped second guessing myself in these situations. Whenever someone plays a hand funny preflop and I get all-in w/ a mediocore hand, they always seem to turn over AA.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-16-2005 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just fold. I've stopped second guessing myself in these situations. Whenever someone plays a hand funny preflop and I get all-in w/ a mediocore hand, they always seem to turn over AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I hate satisfying some guy who butchers AA and making him think he played it brilliantly.

hit_the_set 12-16-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I hate satisfying some guy who butchers AA and making him think he played it brilliantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

Rocaix 12-16-2005 02:34 AM

It's hard to believe that he would have a hand that has you dominated that he wouldn't repop a min-raise the first time around. Although I've seen big pairs played donkishly like this before, if you say he plays well, then I like shoving here given all the money in the pot already. If you have a good image, you have just enough FE, that he would have a tough time calling with less than TT+ Even if you do get called, I don't think your gonna be worse than a coinflip that often.

whitelime 12-16-2005 02:36 AM

If he's a 2+2er, this is probably his thought process. If I just cold call this, there is a good chance someone will try a squeeze play. Then I will reraise and he will be like wtf, who plays AA that way.

lapoker17 12-16-2005 02:48 AM

If you think he plays good, push. See if he sticks it all in w 99.

GameTheory 12-16-2005 02:48 AM

I played the 10/20 Party game a few weeks ago. There were actually 2 hands where someone min raised to 40 MP, and I pop it to 140$ w/ AQ...<i>Both</i> times I was re-raised to around 400-500$, and I fold both times..and they showed KK both times.

The kids on Party 10/20 NL Lovee limping and min-raising overpairs.

Another hand that hit me big. I'm on button w/ 99, two limpers mp. I raise to 80. Flop KQ2 checked to me, I check. Turn 9. 1st pos. bets 240 into me, I call. River K. OG better bets 500, I raise to 1k. He calls.. He has QQ. ..... . In retrospect I think I should've just called, in fear of KQ. .

To sum--I think it is a fold for the same reason Foxwoods says..Don't let the donk think his play was brilliant lol--

Rocaix 12-16-2005 02:49 AM

Or he could be thinking, you're squeezing with some random hand and decide that by 3-betting he's going to represent a donkish AA or KK, and assumes you will fold everything other than AA or KK.

I played a very similar hand to this, where some LAG opens for 80, 5 callers. I raise pot with AKs from BB. Folds back to last caller, who shoves. I called and he had QT. Now that's not to say shoving in James282 is automatic, but I think that if he plays decent, his range in this situation is alot wider than just AA or KK.

lapoker17 12-16-2005 02:54 AM

btw, if he plays good, the only hand im scared of here at all is AK - but i think that is rare.