Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   DON'T KILL TOOKIE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397188)

gmrankin 12-12-2005 10:31 PM

DON\'T KILL TOOKIE

his time is running out, he will not be back (in my best arnold voice)

12-12-2005 10:32 PM

Re: DON\'T KILL TOOKIE *DELETED*

Post deleted by astroglide

ThaSaltCracka 12-12-2005 10:33 PM

Re: DON\'T KILL TOOKIE

you are an idiot.

Blarg 12-12-2005 10:33 PM

There's lots of better guys to support. Like almost anyone.

pokerdirty 12-12-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

people have discovered that this word is not filtered today, and are having a hay day.

Boris 12-12-2005 10:34 PM

bye-bye.
merry xmas,
Boris.

tonypaladino 12-12-2005 10:35 PM

I wish they had the electric chair in california.

Aloysius 12-12-2005 10:35 PM

Capo - *

OP - * (there are like 2 other threads on this, one in OOT, one in SMP).

-Al

12-12-2005 10:35 PM

whatever, apparently this is not against the rules.

gabyyyyy 12-12-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, there's tons of other niggers.

<font color="white"> omg </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. Have fun in Banned land

12-12-2005 10:38 PM

not today, bitch.

tonypaladino 12-12-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude, there's tons of other niggers.

<font color="white"> omg </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. Have fun in Banned land

[/ QUOTE ]

oooohhh the irony of it all

12-12-2005 10:41 PM

testing...

[censored] [censored] balls [censored] [censored] [censored]

edit: hmm, f-word describing homos definitely used to be on the censored list as well. What gives?

Blarg 12-12-2005 10:44 PM

What you trying to do, increase the number of words that get on the list so trying to say something gets even weirder and less comprehensible?

Friggin genius. And yes, I said friggin.

gmrankin 12-12-2005 10:47 PM

Can't we all just get along... pay your respects.

diebitter 12-12-2005 10:54 PM

I don't know what this threads about, but I'm guessing some murderous scum is up for a death sentence.

Should this be in the politics circle-jerk where it belongs?

gmrankin 12-12-2005 10:55 PM

dont get into politics. just dont kill tookie

tonypaladino 12-12-2005 10:56 PM

"I don't know what this threads about, but I'm guessing some murderous scum is up for a death sentence."

Correct. Tookie Williams is the co-founder of the Crips, one of the largest gangs in the US. Besides the people he killed, he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

Blarg 12-12-2005 10:58 PM

He should be medically revived and executed once for each of the people he killed. And double for the ones where he laughed after killing them.

theweatherman 12-12-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does this mean? Am I indirectly responsible for millions of deaths because I am a supporter of America? I guess this means every person on the planet (cept for the swizz maybe) should be put to death for their "crimes"

Mens Rea 12-12-2005 11:44 PM

Well, that's gotta be the most assinine statement I've read today.

tonypaladino 12-12-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does this mean? Am I indirectly responsible for millions of deaths because I am a supporter of America? I guess this means every person on the planet (cept for the swizz maybe) should be put to death for their "crimes"

[/ QUOTE ]

I would respond, but I don't think it's ethical to argue with the mentally impaired.

12-13-2005 01:24 AM

So, for those of you who are misinformed in reference to the murders Tookie is indirectly responsible for; what about Hitler? He didin't kill Jews personally, yet he is responsible fore the death of millions. The principle remains. Tookie is guilty. If, and only if, he took a life should he be executed. Being an accomplice should bring him life imprisonment; no parole. Some say, "Tookie wrote books for teen violence prevention; that's well and good, however, he committed a CRIME! He should pay!

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the 'swizz' use their banking system to launder Nazi gold? No pass for them either.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 03:31 AM

T-minus 32 minutes and counting......

PoBoy321 12-13-2005 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't know what this threads about, but I'm guessing some murderous scum is up for a death sentence."

Correct. Tookie Williams is the co-founder of the Crips, one of the largest gangs in the US. Besides the people he killed, he is indirectly responsible for the lost lives of thousands through gang violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that were simply the case, then this wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. The problem is that while in prison, Tookie has reformed and devoted his life to speaking out against gang violence. Since his work has been very good and very effective, many people feel that he's better off alive and working to end gang violence than dead.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 04:39 AM

Local Sacramento TV reports that Tookie is confirmed dead at 00:35 PST.

Hasta la vista, bitch.

Blarg 12-13-2005 04:40 AM

Yay he's dead!

Good riddance.

Children's books my ass.

PoBoy321 12-13-2005 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yay he's dead!

Good riddance.

Children's books my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that he was far from a saint, but just out of curiosity, what do you care whether he's dead or rotting in jail?

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 04:53 AM

I am a California taxpayer, and I don't care to subsidize one more day of food for him.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 04:54 AM

Media witnesses recount that Tookie was annoyed at the length of time it took for the cocktail to work. His true (as opposed to official) last words: You sure you're doin' that right?

PoBoy321 12-13-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a California taxpayer, and I don't care to subsidize one more day of food for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And do you not have a problem with subsidizing food for innumerable pimps, drug dealers, rapists, child molesters, murderers who weren't sentenced to death, etc., or do you simply think that all criminals should be executed?

Autocratic 12-13-2005 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And do you not have a problem with subsidizing food for innumerable pimps, drug dealers, rapists, child molesters, murderers who weren't sentenced to death, etc., or do you simply think that all criminals should be executed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that his death was more expensive to the state than keeping him alive.

DonkAlert 12-13-2005 05:00 AM

Winner!

theweatherman 12-13-2005 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that were simply the case, then this wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. The problem is that while in prison, Tookie has reformed and devoted his life to speaking out against gang violence. Since his work has been very good and very effective, many people feel that he's better off alive and working to end gang violence than dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the reason everyone is seeing his case in the news. The real issue is that the death penalty is [censored] up and is just plain wrong.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 05:01 AM

Case by case basis.

I think Tookie should have been executed a long time ago.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that his death was more expensive to the state than keeping him alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liberals always trot this statement out to back up their opposition to the death penalty.

In fact, while the up front costs of a death penalty trial are higher, the execution saves the state many thousands of dollars in the long run. Particularly in view of the high per day cost of geriatric inmates.

ChipWrecked 12-13-2005 05:07 AM

For what it's worth, I watched the coverage of the vigil outside the gates of San Quentin very carefully; and I did not see one black face there.

Looks like Oakland didn't care as much about Tookie as Berkeley did.

Autocratic 12-13-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Liberals always trot this statement out to back up their opposition to the death penalty.

In fact, while the up front costs of a death penalty trial are higher, the execution saves the state many thousands of dollars in the long run. Particularly in view of the high per day cost of geriatric inmates.

[/ QUOTE ]

A. I support the death penalty.
B. You're wrong. http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/cost.html

You can pop out your own stats if you feel the bias is too strong or whatever.

PoBoy321 12-13-2005 05:12 AM

Edward Charles Allaway killed 7 people in a university library and is currently living in a psychiatric hospital paid for by your tax dollars, and yet I don't see the same indignation from you, even though his care is likely cost the state considerably more than Tookie did.