Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Seahawks prediction (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401319)

bernie 12-19-2005 12:12 PM

Seahawks prediction

After watching them struggle against a mediocre Titans team, I see them losing their first playoff game after running the table the rest of the season.

The Colts game next week is a joke since the Colts lost. They really have nothing to play hard for. Greenbay sucks this year.

Sorry, but I'm just not convinced that they're 'there' yet. If they win their first playoff game, then I can entertain the thought.

b

ThaSaltCracka 12-19-2005 04:59 PM

Re: Seahawks prediction

you should try being optimistic for once Bernie.

lastchance 12-19-2005 05:01 PM

At home against Atlanta/Minnesota.... There's no way the Seahawks blow that game, right?

ThaSaltCracka 12-19-2005 05:03 PM

No way, both of those teams are garbage.

Soul Daddy 12-19-2005 05:09 PM

It's just your connection with their past talking. They can't win every game by 40 points.

bernie 12-19-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just your connection with their past talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. They've barely eeked out wins against mediocre opponents. Even against some bad opponents.(SF comes to mind) They likely still won't be tested for the next 2 games.

I'm not sold on them yet. Especially with the powderpuff schedule they've had.

b

bernie 12-19-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should try being optimistic for once Bernie.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're my 2nd favorite team. I'd like to see them go. I'm just not going to give them high marks given the schedule they've played. I don't see them as a dominating team that everyone makes them out to be.

b

lastchance 12-19-2005 05:20 PM

We have a first round bye, we're the best team in the NFC, as long as NYG/Chicago take up the top two seeds (facing NYG/Chicago in the first week would suck), we're fine.

wh1t3bread 12-19-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At home against Atlanta/Minnesota.... There's no way the Seahawks blow that game, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. First of all both those teams probably won't make the playoffs (The vikings do have a better chance than the falcons). Second of all the Seahawks will get a first round bye, which means their first game won't be till the second round. Even if the Vikings or the Falcons make it they won't get past round 1.

Soul Daddy 12-19-2005 05:24 PM

I think you should give as much weight to their 83-3 performance over the previous two weeks as you are giving to this one.