Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tighty coming in (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318573)

Jester999 08-19-2005 11:12 AM

Tighty coming in

Main villain in this hand is a LAG (30/7/5 for you pokertracker folks) thru 82 hands. I'm fairly certain he's paying attention. I've played almost 5 rounds and haven't raised a single hand.

I pick up Qh Jh and make it $4 from MP2 after one limper. LP ($30) calls, and main villain calls from SB ($100), original limper folds. I've got 'em covered. Pot is like $12.

The flop comes:
3c Jc Jd

Checked, I bet $10, LP folds, and here comes LAG. He checkraises to $30

What's your plan from here?

subzero 08-19-2005 11:29 AM

Re: Tighty coming in

Given you read, I think you push and hope villain calls. You can still improve to beat 33. He could have a higher (or lower jack) he also could be on a flush draw.

BTW, fyp- subject is crude [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Jester999 08-19-2005 03:47 PM

lol...never thought about the title...

I think the only way to play it is to push...

anyone else?

IamLeach 08-19-2005 03:48 PM

re-raise to fifty.

Raven 08-19-2005 03:58 PM

I dont like raising QJs in middle position, I like to limp the easely dominated hands that play well multiway. Also, I dont think that you have to do it for image purpose on a small stake like that.

On the flop with position you can just call and let him bet the rest on the turn, if you go all-in there you leave him more chance to understand he is beat if he is on a bluff or a small pocket pair.

Sean_Davis 08-19-2005 04:10 PM

It sounds like he has an over pair to me. I bet he figured you for an Ace at least and just called his KK, QQ or even TT and 99. Definitely reraise in this situation to prevent a suckout and even if you do get called or reraised, I think you're ok.

jhall23 08-19-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol...never thought about the title...

I think the only way to play it is to push...

anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like he is really agg post flop. He is probably on air here a decent % of the time. If you think he is capabable of firing another barrell I might just call and hope he bets the turn if not you can push him in for a bet that is about pot sized. Only risk is if he has a club draw and you let him in cheap, but I don't think it is too big a risk on that board + you can redraw.

Jester999 08-19-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he is really agg post flop. He is probably on air here a decent % of the time. If you think he is capabable of firing another barrell I might just call and hope he bets the turn if not you can push him in for a bet that is about pot sized. Only risk is if he has a club draw and you let him in cheap, but I don't think it is too big a risk on that board + you can redraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking. I called. The turn was the 9h. The pot is a little over $70 and we both have a little less than $70 in front of us. He checks to me.

Now what?

swolfe 08-19-2005 07:12 PM

call the flop and let him bet again on the turn. if he's on air he's not going to call a push, but he may fire again on the turn. if he does, call/push; if he checks, then bet half his stack.

Raven 08-19-2005 09:18 PM

Wait 4-5 second and bet something silly like 30 $, and try to get the rest on the river.