Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   JJ 3/6 pure-bluff turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382315)

mannika 11-20-2005 10:16 PM

JJ 3/6 pure-bluff turn

Haven't posted or played 3/6 in about a month and a half.

No relevant reads here. I usually post hands like this thinking I'm clever, and almost always get proven wrong.

Also, I'm not quite sure what I do here if one of the first two limpers bets out on the turn. I chose not to bet out on the flop because of the low probability of taking it down uncontested, and because of what I thought was a large chance of getting c/r.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

As a sidenote, in the 5 min I spent writing this, I have gotten trips 3 times on the same table and have all but bankrupted the rest of the table on 3 huge hands. Feels good to be back!

ArturiusX 11-20-2005 10:25 PM

Re: JJ 3/6 pure-bluff turn

I really don't like where you went with this.

Bet the flop. This is a multiway pot, we dont want to give Ax free card here.

The turn raise is probably never folding a king, so whats the point? The turn card is not even close to scary enough.

I hate it.

irishpint 11-20-2005 10:31 PM

bet the flop dude

mannika 11-20-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like where you went with this.

Bet the flop. This is a multiway pot, we dont want to give Ax free card here.

The turn raise is probably never folding a king, so whats the point? The turn card is not even close to scary enough.

I hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn raise was not meant to fold out kings, at this point in the hand I didn't think anyone had kings. Would it have been better to just call the turn given this read?

ArturiusX 11-20-2005 10:33 PM

Kx is checking this flop out of fear for the hard action, and never folding. Just bet the flop.

zephed 11-21-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop dude

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you are very likely ahead here. They all checked to you man, they probably don't have you beat but definitely have outs against you. What else are they going to do with nothing here?

beset7 11-21-2005 12:41 AM

Looks like a little bit of FPS. Just bet the flop you'll win money that way

mannika 11-21-2005 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a little bit of FPS. Just bet the flop you'll win money that way

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most of the stuff I end up posting ends up being FPS. Thanks for the responses guys, I'll try to keep it simpler from now on.

Nietzsche 11-21-2005 04:06 AM

How is raising the turn a pure bluff? You bet the flop and you raise the turn for value.

kapw7 11-21-2005 04:07 AM

So... where is the bluff?