Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Most outrageous displays & outbursts playing online (ANGER or JOY) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=104762)

JayCo 07-20-2004 02:51 PM

Most outrageous displays & outbursts playing online (ANGER or JOY)

So I was sitting at my computer looking at 1) the blood trickling down my right hand, and 2) the collection or 3 or 4 scars I have on my 3rd knuckle on the middle finger of my right hand, when it occurred to me I have a bit of a temper issue playing online poker. (I tend to punch my 21" CRT pretty hard when I misplay and then as a result lose a particularly large pot).

Then it occurred to me that just 5 minutes prior I was engaged in some decidedly less than 36-year-old behavior after filling up on the river against someone I had decided was the Devil.

So here's mine:
ANGER: The repeated punching of the screen until <font color="red">blood</font> is drawn
JOY/TAUNT: Dancing in front of the screen repeating "you're gonna loooo-oose" in a lilting sing-song fashion only 1st graders can do properly

tdomeski 07-20-2004 02:58 PM

Re: Most outrageous displays & outbursts playing online (ANGER or JOY)

Mike Matusow once threw his laptop into his pool after losing a big pot. . . .

Personally, I've thrown a chair, flipped a table, killed a dog, and beaten a neighbor all while playing online poker.

When I win a big pot I like to strip down to my birthday suit and streak around the house yelling "SUCK DEEZ NUTZ". . .b/c of course I win with "The Nuts".

radek2166 07-20-2004 03:05 PM

lmfao@dezzzzzzzzzzznutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think the worst thing I do is yell GODAMN IT!!!!!!!!

When I have 2 pairs in a $30 pot and get beat by a gutshot straight

highlife 07-20-2004 03:10 PM

i shaved my roomates head.

sin808 07-20-2004 03:10 PM

I think you might wanna cross post this in the psych forum... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

radek2166 07-20-2004 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i shaved my roomates head.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u win or lose the hand? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

deacsoft 07-20-2004 03:23 PM

Not on-line poker, but a display of temper none the less. Copy and pasted from an old post in the psych forum, titled Idiot/ do not read.

"I once threw my T.V. through my second story window and down to the parking lot below because Notre Dame lost a football game a couple years ago. I'm much better now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"

Not my finest moment.

highlife 07-20-2004 03:27 PM

Lost....an all in when 2nd in chips in a PP $200k, 90 players left.

he was laughing at me kicking stuff around my room, so i shaved his head later that night.

Losing all 07-20-2004 03:31 PM

Hmmm, I'm not worried about your fingers (cut em off, they grow right back), but you might not want to kill a 21' monitor. Get a punching bag or the like and save yourself some green.

Your taunt is way off. after you put a beat on the table "satan" or "osama" get your face as close to the monitor as possible and shout "how do you like that. MFER"

JayCo 07-20-2004 03:41 PM

So does it help?

One related question- does anybody have an opinion on whether this less than mature behavior helps prevent tilt when losing and/or hone that killer instinct when winning?

BTW, my wife would definitely agree with whoever suggested a cross-post to the Psych Forum. I'm glad to be enlightened that it exists as I am clearly in need of Tilt Therapy.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I'm not worried about your fingers (cut em off, they grow right back), but you might not want to kill a 21' monitor. Get a punching bag or the like and save yourself some green.

Your taunt is way off. after you put a beat on the table "satan" or "osama" get your face as close to the monitor as possible and shout "how do you like that. MFER"

[/ QUOTE ]

Um well, actually, a more accurate reporting of my little taunt chant was more like: "you're gonna looo-oose, you're a mother-Fer, i boned you goo-ood..." etc. etc. for about a dozen stanzas.