Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Hand History Replayer (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354603)

lordfoo 10-10-2005 03:31 PM

New Hand History Replayer

I have finished the first alpha version of a new hand history replayer. It grew out of an attempt to use the currently available hand history replayer with emailed and stored histories.

Link

Features:
<ul type="square"> [*]Resizable - Images autoscale to whatever size you want[*]Platform-independent - Written in Java, so works almost everywhere[*]Optional Four-color deck[*]Option to see others' hole cards during the hand[*]Option to pause between hands[*]Multiple replay speeds[*]Pause playback in the middle of a hand[*]User can access via a web page or download the application[*]For downloaded application, the user can change the card and background (table) images[*]Reads PartyPoker stored and emailed hand histories[/list]
Games Supported:
<ul type="square">[*]NL/PL/Limit Hold'em[*]NL/PL/Limit Omaha High/Low[/list]
Sites Supported:
<ul type="square">[*]PartyPoker[/list]
Current Bugs:
<ul type="square">[*]Eurobet tournament hand histories are in the wrong format - I'm not sure if this is a recent problem, or just one I never found before debugging a few hours ago[/list]
Future Features:
<ul type="square">[*]Support more (all!) sites[*]Support more games - Seven-card stud, Seven-card stud high/low, Omaha, Triple Draw[*]Option to display chat messages[*]Restart button[/list]
To do list:
<ul type="square">[*]Smart interpretation of input history text - instead of using empty lines[*]Calculate rake during hand[*]Performance enhancements for state interpretation[*]If display messages are turned off, skip actions that are just chat messages[*]Provide file chooser for input history files[*]Calculate number of players sitting in[*]Performance enhancements for table display[*]Calculate and display side pots[*]Display hand number[*]Divide pots at showdown correctly[*]Check relative positioning of button, small cards, and bets when displaying 6-, 8-, and 9-handed tables[*]Fix stock image file transparencies - e.g. Qc[*]Change font size of bet label when resizing[*]Put flashing arrow on person to act[*]Fix flickering of hands[*]Add "all-in" to a player's name when appropriate[*]Add ability to choose deck back color/design[*]UI Improvements, including making it more obvious that the replayer is playing[/list]

Please check it out and let me know what you think. When you find bugs, forward me a hand history that will produce the error(s). You can send me a fake hand history, but please make sure it still duplicates the error(s).

I don't intend to distribute this software commercially.

It's available here

JudoGirl 10-10-2005 04:00 PM

Re: New Hand History Replayer

I just gave the web-based version an initial try and I LIKE! I really like that I don't have to see the annoying characters (I always have them turned off).

I will play with it some more...My husband doesn't like for me to download software from individuals...he says he wants to have the source and he'll compile it himself after doing a code review and looking for anything funny (those geeky programmers!), so I don't know if I can try the Windows version...

lordfoo 10-11-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just gave the web-based version an initial try and I LIKE! I really like that I don't have to see the annoying characters (I always have them turned off).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you like it. Please let me when you find bugs.

[ QUOTE ]

I will play with it some more...My husband doesn't like for me to download software from individuals...he says he wants to have the source and he'll compile it himself after doing a code review and looking for anything funny (those geeky programmers!), so I don't know if I can try the Windows version...

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. The "Windows version" actually is just a self-executing JAR (Java ARchive) file, so it's an application that runs on any platform that has a Java Runtime Environment installed. If you'd like, I can email you a copy of the source.

Robby Box 10-11-2005 05:23 AM

Cant get it to work for me. I paste the HH in and nothing happens when I press play, even after waiting a while.

lordfoo 10-11-2005 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cant get it to work for me. I paste the HH in and nothing happens when I press play, even after waiting a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please PM or post the hand history you were using. Thanks!