Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ATs Button - isolating LP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403490)

12-22-2005 02:51 PM

ATs Button - isolating LP

Villain is a vanilla LP-P 70/3/.60 with 40 hands.

Villain leads the flop and then 3 bets my raise. Do you give him credit for the 8? Or pushing a KT/JT? What's your line?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero???

12-22-2005 02:52 PM

Re: ATs Button - isolating LP

calls and reevaluates his hand on the turn.

tyler_cracker 12-22-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calls and reevaluates his hand on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niediam 12-22-2005 04:01 PM

I call down.

If he has an 8 you obviously don't want to put more money in the pot.

If he has JT, 99, or is just bluffing you don't want to possibly fold to your aggression.

12-22-2005 04:57 PM

I cap the flop and see his reaction on the turn.

Str8Fish 12-22-2005 06:03 PM

those guys know when they have something big. I say fold and wait for a better opportunity.

12-22-2005 06:09 PM

I like Kwaz's move. Cap the flop for info.
Don't like folding, and don't want to have to call down.

12-22-2005 06:36 PM

fyi, 70/3/.6 isn't really that passive. with his vpip, anything over 1 would be considered fairly aggressive. i'd say .6 would be pretty neutral.

12-22-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap the flop and see his reaction on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A loose/passive calls the raise preflop, granted it's a standard "in for one, call for two" type of a thing. Then he bets into you on the flop, no doubt knowing you'll most likely raise, followed by the three bet???

I think this is pretty serious play from an LP.

What range are you putting him on and what "reaction" are you looking for?

12-22-2005 06:42 PM

I think LP-P can be decieving at times; remember, these kids are bad, and they will play very passively until they get what they interpret as a good hand. Their top hands may consist of top pair, middle pair, or even bottom pair. I think you're good here alot of the time.

@bsolute_luck 12-22-2005 07:13 PM

if we think we're ahead, we need to cap because we will get paid off by the weaker T.

if we think we're behind, we need to fold right now. calling down, IMO, is the worst idea. you win the least and lose the most.

12-22-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if we think we're ahead, we need to cap because we will get paid off by the weaker T.

if we think we're behind, we need to fold right now. calling down, IMO, is the worst idea. you win the least and lose the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I [censored] that up then...

mojobluesman 12-22-2005 07:49 PM

I'd call the flop and re-evaluate on the turn expecting to call down.

Niediam 12-22-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you will necessiarlly get paid off by a weakter T. Even bad players see a huge difference is a 88T flop than T62 flop.

But obviously you want to raise if you are ahead and fold if you are behind... I however am not good enough to know what the opponent has here. Maybe if I had a good read on him but obviously you can't tell from what we know here.