Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Can you pass this up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302896)

davidross 07-28-2005 10:09 PM

Can you pass this up

15 minutes into a Stars qualifier for the $700K.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. 6 limpers to me for $20 and I limp too, both blinds play.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP bets 100, 2 calls to me so I call too. BB mini raises and the original bettor goes all-in. 1st limper calls too, now its on me. 2 all-ins, I have them both covered by maybe 200 chips and the raiser is still to act. I doubt anyone is full yet. Pot is huge, do you take a flyer?

ClaytonN 07-28-2005 10:10 PM

Re: Can you pass this up

If this is the turbo rebuy, then HELL YES I am pushing.

ThrillFactor 07-28-2005 10:11 PM

Well if I'm calling for 1:1 in the other thread, I'm sure calling here.

yimmy9 07-28-2005 10:14 PM

i fold in this spot knowing that i have to hit my flush to win.

durron597 07-28-2005 10:14 PM

With the paired board they have boat redraws, which perhaps kill some of your outs. I think I pass on this one.

ClaytonN 07-28-2005 10:21 PM

He's already halfway through the rebuy period if this is a turbo rebuy. Factor in his equity and his opponents hand ranges, as well as the potential kill cards making boats, and it's close.

imo you can't exactly wait around in these turbo rebuys, you need to get a big stack and then run over everyone else. Though we haven't gottens stack size numbers, I will assume this will put davidross up to around ~6000-6500 in chips halfway through the rebuy period, and that is huge. This is a gamble that I will often take on the upside that if I win the hand, I will have a large enough stack to take control of the table and coast in the last half hour to my seat.

davidross 07-28-2005 10:26 PM

Not a turbo

Its a $53 sat with 1 seat in SUnday for every 10 entries, 6 seats up for grabs here but it's real early.

My deciding factor was that the pot was going to be around 6K from the looks of it, and it would get me real close to qualifying, and since I was in 2 other tournies at the same time I decided to go for it.

My flush came, but the board paired and the two guys with 8's filled up, the 4th guy had AA. I think it was worth the gamble in this spot, but would probably fold it in a super.

Annulus 07-28-2005 11:05 PM

Re: Not a turbo

You gotta respect a guy who just won over 70K last week and is still playing qualifiers. Seriously, I appreciate your mentality.

Blindcurve 07-28-2005 11:13 PM

I take a flyer. I assume I can't rebuy?
If I win this pot, I'm butter for at least the rest of this hour. If I lose, there's always another satellite.

FOITNOF,

-D.

MLG 07-28-2005 11:20 PM

i think debating whether or not to call here misses the point. I would push here on the flop when the action got to me.