Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   tough spot with JJ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402739)

stoxtrader 12-21-2005 11:51 AM

tough spot with JJ

Seat 1: Harlequin
Seat 2: RayVon (£736.25 in chips)
Seat 3: stoxtradr (£2917 in chips)
Seat 4: NiceMuck
Seat 5: Vestbo
Seat 6: kompas (£3993.96 in chips)
NiceMuck: posts small blind £10
Vestbo sits out
kompas: posts big blind £20
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to stoxtradr [Js Jh]
Harlequin: folds
RayVon: raises to £60
stoxtradr: raises to £200
NiceMuck: folds
kompas: calls £180
RayVon: raises to £736.25 and is all-in
stoxtradr:

big stack who flat called from the blind is still to act... whats your play?

I'm button here and pot is 1340 when its on me, I have 2700 left and BB covers me and still is left to act.

durrrr 12-21-2005 12:04 PM

Re: tough spot with JJ

i push, barring specific reads.

12-21-2005 12:08 PM

Although it seems kinda weak, I think you should just fold here. I'm not sure what the big stack would cold call here with, but it could be AA/KK. I just think you are going to end up losing a lot of money playing this hand in this spot. I don't think you can just call here, you have to either push to isolate or fold. I doubt the BB has a pair smaller than jacks. His play looks like AA/KK/QQ/AK. So to him, you are either dominated or a small favorite. The BB complicates things even more, because I don't think he is going to continue, unless he has you dominated.

All things considered, it just looks like you could lose a lot of money, but its unlikely you are a big favorite.

12-21-2005 12:11 PM

I think a little more information is needed on the short stack. the way I see it it's a fold or push calling does nothing for you. Is the shorty a good player or did he sit with less then max. Against a good player I would fold otherwise push. By good here I mean anyone I think could be a winning player or close to it.

durrrr 12-21-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although it seems kinda weak, I think you should just fold here. I'm not sure what the big stack would cold call here with, but it could be AA/KK. I just think you are going to end up losing a lot of money playing this hand in this spot. I don't think you can just call here, you have to either push to isolate or fold. I doubt the BB has a pair smaller than jacks. His play looks like AA/KK/QQ/AK. So to him, you are either dominated or a small favorite. The BB complicates things even more, because I don't think he is going to continue, unless he has you dominated.

All things considered, it just looks like you could lose a lot of money, but its unlikely you are a big favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 2-1 on your money and the 4th nuts.

12-21-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 2-1 on your money and the 4th nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's all you had to consider I think its an easy call (assuming BB folded initially). But, I think the number of times BB has AA/KK/QQ and you lose your entire stack, makes it a fold. I don't think the amount of money you make off the all-in villain makes up for the number of times you go broke to BB. If you don't think its at all likely that BB could have AA/KK/QQ, then I say push.

durrrr 12-21-2005 12:29 PM

you think BB is calling w/ QQ?

12-21-2005 12:34 PM

probably not QQ. I actually have no idea what hand to put him on, but it looks like it could easily be AA or maybe KK. If he is a solid player, what hands could he possibly call with in this spot? It does look like a good place to call with AA and try and stack stoxtrader with a check-raise on the flop.

edge 12-21-2005 01:06 PM

RayVon is pretty aggro, so you probably have him beat. It looks to me like the other guy coldcalled with a pair looking to set and bust someone, but I have never seen him before. I'm uncomfortable throwing 150 BB in the middle with Jacks, but it's probably the right move.

durrrr 12-21-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably not QQ. I actually have no idea what hand to put him on, but it looks like it could easily be AA or maybe KK. If he is a solid player, The only hands he couldnt possibly call w/ in this spot are AA/KK. It does look like a good place to call with AA and try and stack stoxtrader with a check-raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.