Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Smoking Weed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301694)

Indiana 07-27-2005 11:27 AM

Smoking Weed

Seems that the consensus on this site is that smoking weed is cool and that everybody does it. I myself have never even thought about smoking the stuff. I am curious as to how you got into weed and what the benefits are. I know I sound straightlaced, but I am not...I am as sinful as the next guy, but weed is not something that I ever considered getting involved with.

Indy

IndieMatty 07-27-2005 11:28 AM

Re: Smoking Weed

Don't even try it man, [censored]'s a gateway drug and will destroy your life.

Clarkmeister 07-27-2005 11:30 AM

Do you drink? If so, I'd ask you the same questions before responding to yours.

sfer 07-27-2005 11:34 AM

If you're neurotic enough to weigh the pros and cons of getting stoned, enjoy the paranoia

TheMainEvent 07-27-2005 11:34 AM

IMO, the benefits and the dangers of weed are both very minimal. It's a pretty benign drug. But I'm sure a lot of people get more out of it than I ever did.

Pocket Trips 07-27-2005 11:34 AM

If ever there was a need for Towelie.. this is it!

Indiana 07-27-2005 11:35 AM

I have a beer or two a day at most...Nothing strong...Occasional cigar/cigarette. All of this in moderation. I have heard that weed stays in the body longer and makes u dumb...Not sure.

Indy

-Skeme- 07-27-2005 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I myself have never even thought about smoking the stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister 07-27-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a beer or two a day at most...Nothing strong...Occasional cigar/cigarette. All of this in moderation. I have heard that weed stays in the body longer and makes u dumb...Not sure.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It only stays in significantly longer if you do it in excess. Beer also makes you dumber. You can also use marijuana in moderation just as you are currently using booze. If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

Victor 07-27-2005 11:42 AM

jsiy

ChoicestHops 07-27-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I sound straightlaced, but I am not...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a straightlace.

Clarkmeister 07-27-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I sound straightlaced, but I am not...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a straightlace.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent 07-27-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a straightlace.

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal view of "average" for someone around college age is: you've drank a ton, you've smoked some weed, and you've at least tried some misc. drug like shrooms once. If this seems shockingly wild, then the above is probably true...

TheCroShow 07-27-2005 12:19 PM

weed is fun man, but ONLY if you are from British Columbia, Canada (home of the BEST BUD in the ENTIRE WORLD!) one time i was in a bad mood at my poker game, buddy said here man, smoke this. smoked a J and BAAAAM i was so relaxed.

before you know it, i'm on the table holding on for dear life because my world was tilted at a 45 degree angle, i kept grabbing my chips because i thought they were going to fall over.

i'm not much of a weed smoker, but the experts tell me that J i smoked was probably laced with something. most of the time it relaxes me and puts a grin on my face

Lady Dont Tekno 07-27-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good assessment for someone who drinks, but has never smoked weed. I classify and use it the same way I use alcohol, another way to have fun without any immediate short term risk. When you say you've heard that it makes people "dumb" I believe you are confusing recreational smokers with "stoners".

When I smoked daily I did feel that my short term memory suffered. For example if my mom told me to take the trash out tomorrow I might forget. I think "stoners" are the equivalent of alcoholics. They abuse something that, in moderation, can be a wonderful thing.

There shouldn't be any taboo around weed, and it seems like I'm finding out more and more people I know smoke. Don't fear the bud.

LDT

2planka 07-27-2005 12:32 PM

I've tried it. I don't like it. It gives me palpitations. Not fun feeling like your heart is going to explode.

jackdaniels 07-27-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weed is fun man ... British Columbia, Canada (home of the BEST BUD in the ENTIRE WORLD

[/ QUOTE ]

Two correct statements!

pmuir10 07-27-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't fear the bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie 07-27-2005 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I myself have never even thought about smoking the stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BabyJesus 07-27-2005 01:27 PM

I smoked it when I was in Amsterdam, didn't really see what the big deal was about it. It really isn't all that great.

You smoke it, then you feel good for a little bit, then you get hungry, then you eat everything in sight, and lastly you nap for a while.
I mostly didn't like it because I couldn't think straight, I wasn't able to concentrate or hold a steady train of thought. I would say it's overrated.

adios 07-27-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does one joint === one beer for someone say of average weight? If so wouldn't you want your money back for the pot? My understanding is that pot is much more potent and the "high" is actually quite different. Beer and wine are consummed for the taste as well sometimes. I don't consume alcohol very often but occasionally on a +100 day, a beer tastes very good.

Frequitude 07-27-2005 01:39 PM

Depends on how much you've smoked. To a first timer, 1 joint=8-12 beers. To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

Soul Daddy 07-27-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't be right unless you are a total beer noob.

ChoicestHops 07-27-2005 01:55 PM

Two beers, so you smoke a joint and you're still sober?

keats 07-27-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two beers, so you smoke a joint and you're still sober?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before. Side effect of smoking tons of weed over the last 3 years though...good ole' natural tolerance. Of course, this doesnt happen all the time but smoking a single J and then not feeling high is proabbly something that would occur with me around 15-20% of the time.

Indiana 07-27-2005 02:13 PM

Jesus Canadians are easy going about weed usage! I go to amsterdam twice a year with my job and have been to some of those coffee houses around the red light dist. I have never smoked there, just stuck my head inside to see what was going on. I guess my upbringing in the bible belt built a taboo in my mind about drugs in general.

Indy

ChoicestHops 07-27-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent smoking weed.

Lady Dont Tekno 07-27-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent smoking weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, leave that [censored] on the spice rack.

LDT

scream1158 07-27-2005 02:40 PM

After reading so many inexperienced smokers and misinformation, I could not help but reply. I guess you could label me a "stoner" because I have smoked regularly over the past 4 years or so. There are times where I have seriously considered quitting because of the effect on short term memory and obviously the legality. (I dont want to go to jail for weed or have something on my record) I know I could quit if I wanted because I have already quit smoking cigarettes which are way more addicting. I also do my fair share of drinking as I am 21 and going to be a senior in college. I usually smoke at least once a day obviously with some exceptions. To me, weed can calm me down better than anything. Playing poker while high helps me deal with the bad beats and allows me to play more relaxed. Obviously smoking weed to relax myself when I am angry is not a good habit, but I'm not gunna lie, it sure as hell works. I think that alcohol is wayy more dangerous than weed. I can smoke as much weed as I want and still drive a car better than if I had probably 6-8 beers. The reason for this is when I am high I am more paranoid, while when I'm drunk I'm usually in the "who gives a [censored]" mode. Not to mention a binge drinking night of alcohol can give me killer hangovers while I generally feel fine the next day of smoking even if I smoked a ton. I probably could be a straight A student, but even with smoking everyday I was on the dean's list both semesters of my junior year and am ahead of schedule to graduate so it hasn't effected my career goals that much. This doesnt mean that everyone could perform like this, but it isnt a big deal for me. (And yes sometimes I go to class retardedly stoned) Smoking weed isn't for everybody and I know some people that have had really bad experiences with it and swear against it, but if you are looking for a smile on your face, relaxation, and want to eat a hell of a lot of food, I would say try it.

PS. Comedy movies are 10x better while high.

Pocket Trips 07-27-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop smokin that cheap [censored] and get some real stuff..

Its all about quality really.

really potent stuff will get you high after just 2 or 3 tokes and a joint can last 2 or 3 people an entire night... Cheap skunk weed can be like drinkin O'douls and expecting to get wasted.

PokerBob 07-27-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It only stays in significantly longer if you do it in excess. Beer also makes you dumber. You can also use marijuana in moderation just as you are currently using booze. If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you also can use alcohol without breaking the law.

Indiana 07-27-2005 03:02 PM

Nice post scream. Actually this is the only decent post yet.

Indy

samjjones 07-27-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading so many inexperienced smokers and misinformation, I could not help but reply. I guess you could label me a "stoner" because I have smoked regularly over the past 4 years or so. There are times where I have seriously considered quitting because of the effect on short term memory and obviously the legality. (I dont want to go to jail for weed or have something on my record) I know I could quit if I wanted because I have already quit smoking cigarettes which are way more addicting. I also do my fair share of drinking as I am 21 and going to be a senior in college. I usually smoke at least once a day obviously with some exceptions. To me, weed can calm me down better than anything. Playing poker while high helps me deal with the bad beats and allows me to play more relaxed. Obviously smoking weed to relax myself when I am angry is not a good habit, but I'm not gunna lie, it sure as hell works. I think that alcohol is wayy more dangerous than weed. I can smoke as much weed as I want and still drive a car better than if I had probably 6-8 beers. The reason for this is when I am high I am more paranoid, while when I'm drunk I'm usually in the "who gives a [censored]" mode. Not to mention a binge drinking night of alcohol can give me killer hangovers while I generally feel fine the next day of smoking even if I smoked a ton. I probably could be a straight A student, but even with smoking everyday I was on the dean's list both semesters of my junior year and am ahead of schedule to graduate so it hasn't effected my career goals that much. This doesnt mean that everyone could perform like this, but it isnt a big deal for me. (And yes sometimes I go to class retardedly stoned) Smoking weed isn't for everybody and I know some people that have had really bad experiences with it and swear against it, but if you are looking for a smile on your face, relaxation, and want to eat a hell of a lot of food, I would say try it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is all well and good when you are 21. Do you think you will feel the same way in 5 years? 10 years?

benza13 07-27-2005 03:10 PM

Weed is a little different for everyone and I have friends that are complete stoners, yet seem to get more done than I could imagine. I also know people that are useless from extended smoking. In any case, I know it affects your short term memory fairly negatively and I try not to play poker when smoking because of this and because I tend to pay less attention to the game.

That said, weed is a great way to relax and I definitely enjoy a bowl at the end of the day pretty often. It also helps with my frequent stomach aches that doctors can't really link to anything. They are never that bad, but weed definitely calms my stomach so that I can eat more comfortably.

Also, if it is your first time, don't expect to get high as for many this doesn't happen, but I know I got extremely high my first time. May have had something to with the fact that my friends made this their goal.

Brainwalter 07-27-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus Canadians are easy going about weed usage! I go to amsterdam twice a year with my job and have been to some of those coffee houses around the red light dist. I have never smoked there, just stuck my head inside to see what was going on. I guess my upbringing in the bible belt built a taboo in my mind about drugs in general.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Amsterdam is in canada?

Indiana 07-27-2005 03:21 PM

I am responding to 2 posts at once...you gotta read them all above to follow the talk.

Indy

pokerstudAA 07-27-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you also can use alcohol without breaking the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

END MARIJAUNA PROHIBITION NOW!

Did you say "smokeable beer"?

Ponks 07-27-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on how much you've smoked. To a first timer, 1 joint=8-12 beers. To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

[/ QUOTE ]

The best time is 15 beers and then smoking some quality bud.

Ponks

Burno 07-27-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your lack of paragraph breaks lends credibility to your post

scream1158 07-27-2005 03:30 PM

I do not plan on smoking weed regularly in 5-10 years, and honestly when I have stopped for periods of up to a month for whatever reason, when I wake up I feel much more refreshed and my memory is better. I probably would lean towards never smoking weed if I could go back in time, and nowadays I usually tell people that they are better off not trying it. That does not mean that I regret my decision to start smoking because I wouldn't have some of my best friends if it weren't for weed. Not to mention the first time I smoked was with my best friend and my older brother after the first time I watched half baked. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]