Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Smoking Weed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301694)

adios 07-27-2005 01:34 PM

Re: Smoking Weed

[ QUOTE ]
If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does one joint === one beer for someone say of average weight? If so wouldn't you want your money back for the pot? My understanding is that pot is much more potent and the "high" is actually quite different. Beer and wine are consummed for the taste as well sometimes. I don't consume alcohol very often but occasionally on a +100 day, a beer tastes very good.

Frequitude 07-27-2005 01:39 PM

Depends on how much you've smoked. To a first timer, 1 joint=8-12 beers. To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

Soul Daddy 07-27-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To a stoner, I'd say 1 joint=2 beers

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't be right unless you are a total beer noob.

ChoicestHops 07-27-2005 01:55 PM

Two beers, so you smoke a joint and you're still sober?

keats 07-27-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two beers, so you smoke a joint and you're still sober?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before. Side effect of smoking tons of weed over the last 3 years though...good ole' natural tolerance. Of course, this doesnt happen all the time but smoking a single J and then not feeling high is proabbly something that would occur with me around 15-20% of the time.

Indiana 07-27-2005 02:13 PM

Jesus Canadians are easy going about weed usage! I go to amsterdam twice a year with my job and have been to some of those coffee houses around the red light dist. I have never smoked there, just stuck my head inside to see what was going on. I guess my upbringing in the bible belt built a taboo in my mind about drugs in general.

Indy

ChoicestHops 07-27-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent smoking weed.

Lady Dont Tekno 07-27-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent smoking weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, leave that [censored] on the spice rack.

LDT

scream1158 07-27-2005 02:40 PM

After reading so many inexperienced smokers and misinformation, I could not help but reply. I guess you could label me a "stoner" because I have smoked regularly over the past 4 years or so. There are times where I have seriously considered quitting because of the effect on short term memory and obviously the legality. (I dont want to go to jail for weed or have something on my record) I know I could quit if I wanted because I have already quit smoking cigarettes which are way more addicting. I also do my fair share of drinking as I am 21 and going to be a senior in college. I usually smoke at least once a day obviously with some exceptions. To me, weed can calm me down better than anything. Playing poker while high helps me deal with the bad beats and allows me to play more relaxed. Obviously smoking weed to relax myself when I am angry is not a good habit, but I'm not gunna lie, it sure as hell works. I think that alcohol is wayy more dangerous than weed. I can smoke as much weed as I want and still drive a car better than if I had probably 6-8 beers. The reason for this is when I am high I am more paranoid, while when I'm drunk I'm usually in the "who gives a [censored]" mode. Not to mention a binge drinking night of alcohol can give me killer hangovers while I generally feel fine the next day of smoking even if I smoked a ton. I probably could be a straight A student, but even with smoking everyday I was on the dean's list both semesters of my junior year and am ahead of schedule to graduate so it hasn't effected my career goals that much. This doesnt mean that everyone could perform like this, but it isnt a big deal for me. (And yes sometimes I go to class retardedly stoned) Smoking weed isn't for everybody and I know some people that have had really bad experiences with it and swear against it, but if you are looking for a smile on your face, relaxation, and want to eat a hell of a lot of food, I would say try it.

PS. Comedy movies are 10x better while high.

Pocket Trips 07-27-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop smokin that cheap [censored] and get some real stuff..

Its all about quality really.

really potent stuff will get you high after just 2 or 3 tokes and a joint can last 2 or 3 people an entire night... Cheap skunk weed can be like drinkin O'douls and expecting to get wasted.