Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Crimson Challenge Round 3 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375216)

11-09-2005 10:32 PM

Re: Crimson Challenge Round 3

I would probably do a SIIHP Tat.

Mechanical Bull.

20 oz of Daves, unless its played out.
More to come.

I want something with texas flair, so you texans, lemme know.

bad beetz 11-09-2005 10:32 PM

Asofel is in communication with me about turning donkfrenzy.com into a solid site for just this purpose, stay tuned.....

bad beetz 11-09-2005 10:37 PM

I am fine with this becoming an entirely 2+2 motivated open source project, but I'm giving asofel first crack at it as he stepped up first.

PoBoy321 11-09-2005 10:40 PM

Another challenge idea:

Find some kind of statue or other landmark and have one of those "Who can keep their hands on the longest" challenges.

Voltron87 11-09-2005 10:42 PM

Have the payments for the NYC thing been announced yet?

sfer 11-09-2005 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OOT chocolate milk mile would be funny, to me at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm an idiot, what's the chocolate milk mile?

[/ QUOTE ]

find a hs track

run a mile

drink a 12 oz glass of chocolate milk before each lap

watch as hilarity ensues

[/ QUOTE ]

A Kiwi boss told me about something similar at his University called the Chunder Mile. Except it was beer, not chocolate milk. And it involved the army crawl across a soccer field with a tarp stretched across it like two feet off the ground. And that there was a distinct disadvantage to being near the end of the group that went through.

sfer 11-09-2005 11:16 PM

The beer/gutpunch/vomit one must be done.

11-09-2005 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm an [censored], what's the chocolate milk mile?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in the army, I could low crawl like that no problem.

I'll do it!
find a hs track

run a mile

watch as hilarity ensues

[/ QUOTE ]

A Kiwi boss told me about something similar at his University called the Chunder Mile. Except it was beer, not chocolate milk. And it involved the army crawl across a soccer field with a tarp stretched across it like two feet off the ground. And that there was a distinct disadvantage to being near the end of the group that went through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses 11-09-2005 11:48 PM

Pledge list - PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR PLEDGE IS NOT LISTED HERE

[Please continue posting challenges and pledges here. Round three of challenges will be proposed next week after the NYC challenges this weekend. There is current interest in Canada, Midwest, Texas, DC, Pac NW.]

If you are not on this list and would like to support all sorts of ongoing crazy challenges, please add your name to this list. Pledging just $20 can make a huge difference in a poor high-school or college student's life. For those wanting to contribute more, $40 or more pledged makes you a GOLD-LEVEL SPONSOR, pledging $100 or more makes you a DIAMOND-LEVEL SPONSOR and pledging $200 or more and you'll be an elite PLATINUM-LEVEL SPONSOR. There are many exciting benefits to these sponsorship levels, I'm sure.

The following people have pledged money towards these challenges. Those w/ asterisks are PLATINUM-LEVEL sponsors. Those w/ exclamation points are DIAMOND-LEVEL sponsors. A period indicates GOLD-LEVEL sponsors. The way this works is, I'm just going to walk down the list asking for $20 a pop. Once we get to the end of the list, I'll start over w/ anyone who has remaining money pledged, again, asking $20 a pop. We'll deal w/ logistics of transfers (Party/Stars/Paypal etc.) later. Some people pledged based on certain conditions, again, we'll worry about that stuff later. I'm sure enough people will be good for their pledges.

*daryn [$20 - CC2]
*diablo [$20 - CC2]
$25 felson [$20 - CC2]
.$50 mason55 [$20 - CC2]
$30 citanul - [$20 - CCNY TONY]
!mslif - [$20 - CCNY TONY]
.$50 [censored] - [$20 - CCNY TONY]
$30 stabn - [$20 - CCNY TONY]
$20 meezer - [$20 - CCNY TONY]
$20 scott8 - [$20 - CCNY TONY]
$25 J-lo - [$20 - CCNY RC]
$20 bluefeet - [$20 - CCNY RC]
$20 CCass - [$20 - CCNY RC]
$30 KDawg - [$20 - CCNY RC]
$20 TheWorstPlayer - [$20 - CCNY RC]
*bottomset - [$20 - CCNY RC]
$20 Benholio - [$20 - CCNY RC]
*JA Sucker - [$20 - CCNY RC]
*boris - [$20 - CCNY RC]
*bad beetz - [$20 - CCNY RC]
*haakee - [$20 - CCNY EM]
*Gift of Gab - [$20 - CCNY EM]
*Schneids - [$20 - CCNY EM]
$20 Jorge10 - [$20 - CCNY EM]
$20 Vavavoom - [$20 - CCNY VOLTRON]
$20 ozyman - [$20 - CCNY EVAN]
$20 JaBlue - [$20 - CCNY EVAN]
.$50 tolbiny
$25 Razor
!mikech
.$40 NLSoldier
$30 AEKDBet
$20 BearHustler
.$50 Philuva
*The Daver
.$50 Evan
!MattSuspect
$20 Diplomat
.$50 TheMainEvent
$20 CrazyEyez
.$50 duk
.$40 aragorn_i
$20 antidan444
*Anonymous
$20 Lazymeatball

rusty JEDI 11-09-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another challenge idea:

Find some kind of statue or other landmark and have one of those "Who can keep their hands on the longest" challenges.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be great if each contestant threw in $1000. More or less could work. You just have to find the amount where giving up hurts.

rJ

11-09-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm an [censored], what's the chocolate milk mile?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in the army, I could low crawl like that no problem.

I'll do it!
find a hs track

run a mile

watch as hilarity ensues

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what I meant to say is that I used to low crawl like that all the time in the army, and Im down for this one too.

PoBoy321 11-10-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another challenge idea:

[/ QUOTE ]
This could be great if each contestant threw in $1000. More or less could work. You just have to find the amount where giving up hurts.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I thought about it and given the competitive nature of people on this board, something like this could go on for days. Some kind of "Drink a beer every 20 minutes" stipulation could help speed up the process.

RustedCorpse 11-10-2005 12:05 AM

1v1 Challenge idea

1v1 Challenge Idea

Two people step into seperate batting cages and allow tennis balls to be shot at them for a set period of time. At the end of the time tally up 1 point for every ball you were hit by whoever has the most points wins.

If the cage can crank up to 40mph+ this is fun to watch.

Ulysses 11-10-2005 12:08 AM

Challenge list

Too many random challenges that people aren't interested in. Here are a few that have stood out or received a lot of interest:

Wasabi snorting
20oz Dave's Insanity sauce (behemoth)
Beer-drinking/gut-punching
Flour eating (awaiting more safety feedback)

Generally, 1-on-1 endurance tests also seem to be popular.

Keep contributing to this thread. I am hoping some will garner widespread support over the next few days.

Also, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

PoBoy321 11-10-2005 12:23 AM

Re: Pledge list - PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR PLEDGE IS NOT LISTED HERE

[ QUOTE ]
Pledging just $20 can make a huge difference in a poor high-school or college student's life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I fall into one of these categories (and have been running bad) I sadly can not make a pledge.

I am, however, more than willing to whore myself out to the highest bidder for whatever ridiculous stunt you can come up with.

11-10-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pledging just $20 can make a huge difference in a poor high-school or college student's life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I fall into one of these categories (and have been running bad) I sadly can not make a pledge.

I am, however, more than willing to whore myself out to the highest bidder for whatever ridiculous stunt you can come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly enough, this is exactly where Im at... as long as it has no chance of killing me, Im really having a hard time saying no to something.

and El D, I think the SIIHP tat idea had some support.

Ulysses 11-10-2005 01:23 AM

Re: Challenge list

[ QUOTE ]
Too many random challenges that people aren't interested in. Here are a few that have stood out or received a lot of interest:

Wasabi snorting
Getting a SIIHP or other similar-natured tattoo (behemoth)

Keep contributing to this thread. I am hoping some will garner widespread support over the next few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Added tattoo to the list.

johnnycakes 11-10-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chugging a 9 ounce bottle of Listerine.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of a friend shot a documentary on homeless people in the Louisville area for their film school thesis.

One of the interviewees (homeless man) told about how on Sundays (when liquor isn't sold), if someone is getting the shakes, they try to scrounge up $1.06 so they can go into a drug store and buy a bottle of mouthwash to drink, since it contains alcohol.

He also claimed they'd drink rubbing alcohol too, if that's all they could get.

ethan 11-10-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's always the blood-donation triathalon:
1) Donate a pint of blood
2) Chug a 6-pack, traditionally PBR
3) Run a mile

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused as to why there hasn't been more enthusiasm for this challenge. It was fairly popular during my undergrad years - I'd figure if we just made the run longer or demanded more beer it'd make a great prop bet.

Nelson 11-10-2005 01:56 AM

$25

$50

housenuts 11-10-2005 01:56 AM

i looked before and couldn't find the videos of the previously completed challenges. can someone please put a link to them here. cheers

some stupid stuff i've done in the past:

eye drops with tabasco
1 v 1 throwing random objects at each other's balls

here's a world record i've thought of beating. this was in 2001 but the world record for consecutive hours of watching tv is 46.
http://www.nypdblue.org/news/news_sept01.html#guinness
i think that can be beat.

Voltron87 11-10-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the 38th hour, one woman urged her remaining competitors to quit together and consequently share the records, both of which were newly created, Keaveney said.

"I would have none of that. I thought I could win," he said.
Toward the end, Keaveney, who never saw the cop show before, was hallucinating.
"I was seeing little spiders dropping from the ceiling," he said. "The screen felt like the floor, and I was sitting on the wall. . . . The storylines were incomprehensible to me."

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

Ulysses 11-10-2005 02:09 AM

Re: Challenge list

[ QUOTE ]

Wasabi snorting
Getting a SIIHP or other similar-natured tattoo (behemoth)
Getting shot by paintballs (Crimson)

[/ QUOTE ]

Added paintball to the list.

These are not the only ones of interest, just specific ones that stand out. If you think your challenge has merit, propose a price and put it out there!

I'll take input for the next couple of days then we'll accept some challenges by the weekend.

Boris 11-10-2005 02:26 AM

I saw Jarhead tonight. I think if anyone gets branded that would be tres cool. You can pick the acronym yourself.

JaBlue 11-10-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One of the interviewees (homeless man) told about how on Sundays (when liquor isn't sold), if someone is getting the shakes, they try to scrounge up $1.06 so they can go into a drug store and buy a bottle of mouthwash to drink

[/ QUOTE ]

Stephen King did this when he was livin very poor.
Source: Stephen King - On Writing

mikech 11-10-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i really like this suggestion. this would make a hilarious video to watch. something like dodgeball, with two guys standing a certain distance apart, but with the stipulation that they CAN'T dodge! and they throw tennis balls or whatever at each other's crotches until one of them is incapacitated or gives up. that would be awesome.

housenuts 11-10-2005 04:42 AM

the way we did it was we sat apart from each other in this dude's kitchen. we were about 5 feet apart maybe. so just sitting there, back against the wall, and legs spread open. it started with apples and progressed to oranges, melons, baseballs, full beer cans, etc. until we called a mutual quit.

we weren't whipping it, just throwing nice arching lobs but they would come down with force and if it hit right would really hurt

bad beetz 11-10-2005 04:47 AM

www.donkrenzy.com

Ulysses 11-10-2005 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
www.donkrenzy.com

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so dumb.

Your site is www.donkfrenzy.com

benza13 11-10-2005 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the way we did it was we sat apart from each other in this dude's kitchen. we were about 5 feet apart maybe. so just sitting there, back against the wall, and legs spread open. it started with apples and progressed to oranges, melons, baseballs, full beer cans, etc. until we called a mutual quit.

we weren't whipping it, just throwing nice arching lobs but they would come down with force and if it hit right would really hurt

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely sick. Therefore, if it occurs and I get to see video (or see it happen if there is a Denver challenge) I will pledge $20.

Vavavoom 11-10-2005 04:57 AM

I'm willing to pledge another $20 for when my turn comes round again !

samjjones 11-10-2005 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i really like this suggestion. this would make a hilarious video to watch. something like dodgeball, with two guys standing a certain distance apart, but with the stipulation that they CAN'T dodge! and they throw tennis balls or whatever at each other's crotches until one of them is incapacitated or gives up. that would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also think this is a good idea. Contestants stand 15 feet away facing each other. They take turns throwing objects at each other. If the contestant "flinches" in any way, he has to forfeit some monetary amount...like $5 for each instance of flinching. If its $10 or $20 per "hit", whoever gets to $100 or $200 or whatever wins. Headshots/nutshots could be extra $$$. I think tennis balls, hard boiled eggs, or tomatoes would make the best projectiles.

Vavavoom 11-10-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strap On Scenario

[/ QUOTE ]

We may have a new challenge ?

asofel 11-10-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am fine with this becoming an entirely 2+2 motivated open source project, but I'm giving asofel first crack at it as he stepped up first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Community wide sounds good to me--I'm flying to Florida this weekend and won't have any for the site, so if other web designers/programmers want to work on it, that's cool.

jon_1van 11-10-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Run a mile

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused as to why there hasn't been more enthusiasm for this challenge. It was fairly popular during my undergrad years - I'd figure if we just made the run longer or demanded more beer it'd make a great prop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be convinced to do this if the money was right. This challenge also looks ripe for heads up competition.

This could occur in DC

jon_1van 11-10-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Run a mile

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be convinced to do this if the money was right. This challenge also looks ripe for heads up competition.

This could occur in DC

[/ QUOTE ]

I live close to a metro and a High School with a track.

However, I say we trade the 6 pack for an OJ / Grain mixture (this was a college favorite of mine).

I'll be out of town until Sunday....so if this gets going we can do it then

Cosimo 11-10-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many exciting benefits to these sponsorship levels, I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go with the plastic level: $20.

Ulysses 11-11-2005 04:27 PM

OK, who's going to step up and toss out some prices?

Dex 11-11-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, who's going to step up and toss out some prices?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a coworker who will eat a red savina for $250 at the Midwest challenge.

Evan 11-12-2005 03:48 AM

I don't think this one has been posted yet. It's diablo's idea, but he told me about it the other day and I thought it was really good.

We find a whore and pay her (by the minute I think would be best) not to moan. We have two guys eat her out and see who gets her to moan the fastest. Anyone up for this?