Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Thread For Discussion of New Mods (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379427)

Surfbullet 11-16-2005 04:22 PM

Re: To all the names mentioned in this thread

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I guess we could make you, Schneids and Josh. all MUSH mods. Then, if we make a HUT, we can just move Schneids over there. Having 3 mods isn't at the point of all chiefs and no braves, I suppose.

Who do we want to take the helm of Mid and Higher? Dcifrthis for higher, but will he have a cohort? What about for Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobbyi has said he'll be a mid mod, and I agree that Jason_t and tstoneMBD are both good candidates as his cohort.

Dcifrthis may or may not need a 2nd mod, I don't know how often he is on the forums, but I would ask him who he thought was best suited for 2nd mod of Higher stakes.

Surf

MrWookie47 11-16-2005 04:29 PM

I would back Tstone. I don't like Jason_t for the same reason we voted down DMBFan. I think a lot of his posts come off as immature, childish, and whiny. I'm with durron in that attitude is of chief importance.

Surfbullet 11-16-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would back Tstone. I don't like Jason_t for the same reason we voted down DMBFan. I think a lot of his posts come off as immature, childish, and whiny. I'm with durron in that attitude is of chief importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, really? It's like some of these guys are Jekyll and Hyde when they leave the strategy forums - I always thought of jason_t as quite mature and composed and a great Mod candidate.

Surf

Greg J 11-16-2005 04:37 PM

I'll throw out three more names for you guys to kick around. bicyclekick and James282 could be great for Higher limits. For a suggestions forum, there is one guy I respect a lot that I think has continually demonstrated sound reasoning -- the kind a mod should have -- and that is Microbob.

I'm not sure if any other these guys are interested though.

MrWookie47 11-16-2005 04:46 PM

Good call on Microbob. He's a fine choice for the suggestion forum. You wanna send him a PM to see if he's interested?

As for Jason_T, maybe it's just that OOT brings out the worst in some people. Even so, I'd rather not have someone green trapsing around OOT as he does. A bad attitude from a mod reflects poorly on 2+2, even if that mod isn't in his home forum.

Surfbullet 11-16-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good call on Microbob. He's a fine choice for the suggestion forum. You wanna send him a PM to see if he's interested?

As for Jason_T, maybe it's just that OOT brings out the worst in some people. Even so, I'd rather not have someone green trapsing around OOT as he does. A bad attitude from a mod reflects poorly on 2+2, even if that mod isn't in his home forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd microbob for the Forum Suggestions forum.

Also, I agree with you that a mod who behaves badly reflects negatively on 2+2 as a whole, regardless of whether it is in his home forum or in OOT. I was just honestly surprised that some of these guys can sound so intelligent + mature in a strategy forum and pull a 180 and be completely different elsewhere (in OOT for example).

Surf

durron597 11-16-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we sure all of them want the job and/or can commit the time required for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the answer to the above question is yes, I thumbs up without reservation Josh., Schneids, and Microbob.

I am certain both jason_t and TstoneMBD could do a good job if they wanted to, the question is do they want to? I don't want to see the jason_t/Dynasty pissing contest (which hopefully has ended by now, I wouldn't know) get worse by making him a mod.

bobbyi 11-16-2005 04:58 PM

I think DcifrThis should pick the other mod for higher, if any. I'll PM him and point him to this thread.
EDIT: Ok, just sent the PM.

B Dids 11-16-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong here. If I had to pick the better mod between jason and TStone it's jason in a landslide.

Greg J 11-16-2005 05:15 PM

I just sent him a pm to ask if he's interested.