Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Curtains: pick off a PVS? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408098)

Phil Van Sexton 12-31-2005 02:17 PM

Re: Curtains: pick off a PVS?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PVS: Forum jargon named after poster “Phil Van Sexton”: a play in which a player attempts to steal the dead chips in a pot caused by limping or a raise and a few callers all believed to be weak. Usually this is done when the dead chips in the pot are a significant percentage of the player’s stack, and is only really a PVS when done with junk cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll never live that one down.

Anyway, I would've pushed here with AJs, 780 chips, and no reads. I don't think I'd limp with less than 900.

12-31-2005 02:20 PM

Ty.

I love this PVS play though I usually have samo kind of a hand when I do it so maybe it doesn't qualify as a pure PVS play. Usually it's something like blinds 50-100, 3 limpers to me in the BB and I go allin with 66. It works rather well.

45suited 12-31-2005 02:23 PM

Say you limped like Curtains did. You would have then called the push, correct?

BTW, thank you for your old level 3 and 4 posts. When I read them, it was like someone turned the SNG light on for me.

microbet 12-31-2005 02:26 PM

But when you overpush your limp, do you call yourself?

Phil Van Sexton 12-31-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say you limped like Curtains did. You would have then called the push, correct?

BTW, thank you for your old level 3 and 4 posts. When I read them, it was like someone turned the SNG light on for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd likely call, but I prefer pushing to begin with to avoid racing with 66.

citanul 12-31-2005 02:41 PM

happy new year pvs, glad to know you're still alive.

c

Phil Van Sexton 12-31-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ty.

I love this PVS play though I usually have samo kind of a hand when I do it so maybe it doesn't qualify as a pure PVS play. Usually it's something like blinds 50-100, 3 limpers to me in the BB and I go allin with 66. It works rather well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If curtains were awake, he'd probably point out that a "true PVS" isn't necessarily a profitable play. I made that post about owning limpers in the 30s from the BB when I have a small stack. After that, things got a bit carried away.

If Curtains and another player limped in front me in a 215, pushing with junk is "true", but awful. On the othe hand, if the BB had 66, pushing would be a no-brainer.

Dr_Jeckyl_00 12-31-2005 03:10 PM

Would folding be terrible?

citanul 12-31-2005 03:13 PM

after limping? i think folding would be pretty bad, but what do i know.

c

Dr_Jeckyl_00 12-31-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after limping? i think folding would be pretty bad, but what do i know.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't that why you limp... to see a cheap flop, and easily let go of a hand...?