Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This was a Clarkmeister, was it? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253821)

xenthebrain 05-17-2005 05:42 AM

This was a Clarkmeister, was it?

Clarkmeister correct applied?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

@bsolute_luck 05-17-2005 05:52 AM

Re: This was a Clarkmeister, was it?

i'm confused or missing something or just plain stupid....what EXACTLY do you have in this hand to bet that river for?

was this play based on a read?

Escape 05-17-2005 06:09 AM

You should at least have some hand...this is just a stone cold bluff.

cmwck 05-17-2005 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm confused or missing something or just plain stupid....what EXACTLY do you have in this hand to bet that river for?

was this play based on a read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm not too thrilled about playing 57s UTG, nor about semibluffing an OESD into 4 .5/1 opponents.

stlip 05-17-2005 07:18 AM

While this hand isn't a good example of much it is a good reminder that there are times when the only way you can win is by betting.

krishanleong 05-17-2005 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While this hand isn't a good example of much it is a good reminder that there are times when the only way you can win is by betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible. Just because betting is the only way you can win doesn't mean you should bet.

Krishan

stlip 05-17-2005 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible. Just because betting is the only way you can win doesn't mean you should bet.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I edited out the part where I made it clearer that I only meant the river bet. I don't think people use that play often enough. Especially against multitabling rocks who are really vulnerable to it.

adsman 05-17-2005 07:41 AM

First of all you shouldn't be playing this hand in early or middle positions.
The flop I would have check-called.
Clarkmiesters theorem is when you are HU and first to act and the fourth flush card falls on the river, then you bet. So with that in mind the answer to your question is, yes. This was a Clarkmiester. Did you play it well? No. But that wasn't your question.

Quercus 05-17-2005 08:29 AM

Easy river bet.

ArturiusX 05-17-2005 09:27 AM

This preflop call would get you labeled as a fish.

I don't clerkmesiter without a hand that is or beats TPGK.