Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NYC, club comparison (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=147815)

brasse 11-11-2004 08:37 AM

NYC, club comparison

Hello!

I'm going on a short vacation to NYC from Sweden next week and I will try to get a night of low limit hold'em into my schedule. After some research I have managed to find three clubs (Wall Street, Brooklyn Poker and New York Players Club). My Problem now is that I don't know which one to go to, I was hoping to get some pointers from you guys. The limit I'm planning to play is 4-8 or lower. The club I'm leaning towards is Brooklyb Poker since they seem to have a 3-6 game going each night. Are there any strong reasons for me not going there? =) Do you know anything that I should know?

Thanks in advance!

:.:: mattias

Evan 11-11-2004 08:46 AM

Re: NYC, club comparison

Go to Wall St. I've never seen the 3/6 game at BPC and Wall St. has a regular 4/8. It will take an act of God to get a limit game at NYPC and if it happens it will be 5/10.

boedeker 11-11-2004 09:55 AM

yes, bpc wont have a 3/6 game going. galaxy does limit on thursday nights.

Luv2DriveTT 11-11-2004 01:17 PM

I thought it was wednesday nights for Galexy? Last time Evan and I were there it was the owner, the dealer, and their two friends. Not exactly a rockin table if ya know what I mean.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

boedeker 11-11-2004 04:50 PM

oh maybe it is wednesdays, i think they are starting to run 1k tournaments on wednesdays too. i dunno.

TakeMeToTheRiver 11-11-2004 06:00 PM

I have not seen a limit hold'em game at NYPC in the two months that I have been going there (2 or 3 days a week). There is usually between 2 and 6 tables of baby N/L ($1/$2, $250 max buy-in) and a couple of tables of $5/$5 NL ($600 max). There is a 7c stud game, but its higher stakes -- ($20/$40 I believe) and a rotation game ($10/$20 maybe?) that is always jam packed when it is playing.

When I was at Wall Street early one Saturday night, the ONLY game going was a $4/$8 limit game... so there might be a game there.

Drewboy22 11-11-2004 06:23 PM

You might be better off hoping a bus to Atlantic City for a few hours. They run out of Port Authority(42nd st. & 8th Ave.) all day long.

Good Luck!

BottlesOf 11-11-2004 06:42 PM

The rotation and stud games are usually bigger. Except the crazy old 5/10 rotation.

bdk3clash 11-11-2004 11:26 PM

Are you the reincarnation of the (now apparently banned) drow22?

The Case For
-Both users have the letters "D" and "R" and the number "22" in their login
-Both users apparently don't know where to find any card rooms in NYC

The Case Against
-You don't appear to be a prick[/b]

Luv2DriveTT 11-12-2004 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Case Against
-You don't appear to be a prick[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet.... and lets hope it remains that way. Amazing that it's his second post here, isn't it? erhaps he learned to act civil. - The new and proved contributor.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

TT