Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kinda different AK hand, play-along (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341727)

Harv72b 09-21-2005 10:14 PM

Kinda different AK hand, play-along

I told myself that I was going to get some sleep tonight rather than play, so of course I found myself on a table; I rationalized that it was okay if I only 1-tabled. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Pretty detailed reads on both villains as a result.

Reads: BB is what every loose/passive calling station dreams of one day becoming; he's seen every single flop since he joined the table, regardless of the number of bets to him preflop, to my knowledge he has never folded a pair, and I've seen him call river bets with Q and 7 high. At the time of this hand he'd been there for about 20 hands. SB has been at the table since I got there (about 60 hands) and is very LAGgy--she's VPIP'ing around 38%, PFR 13, and a relatively low 1.5 AF which is being brought down by her refusal to fold whiffed overcards or pocket pairs with overcard(s) on the board. She will bet every street until raised after raising preflop, although she has figured out in the last few hands that it's not worth trying against the BB. I've happened to have several strong hands from UTG since joining the table; as a result, I have PFR'd from UTG 4 out of 6 times. The seat to my right was empty for two of those raises, and I think that SB is starting to take me raising her blinds personally (she already busted my AJ (wound up with top two pair) with a Q8o). However, she has not 3-bet any of my raises up until this hand. And so we find ourselves here...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero....?

mantasm 09-21-2005 10:17 PM

Re: Kinda different AK hand, play-along

Cap for value.

cold_cash 09-21-2005 10:23 PM

Cap and announce your presence with authority.

09-21-2005 10:29 PM

You have position for the rest of the hand - cap.

Harv72b 09-21-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap and announce your presence with authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer to do that with a fastball. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero...?

EDIT: and yes, AKs with position vs. an aggressive player is pretty much an auto-cap for me.

09-21-2005 10:35 PM

3-bet. With two opponents in the pot I wouldn't play it cute. Best guess is that you're probably up against a decent pocket pair and another Ace.

Cumulonimbus 09-21-2005 10:41 PM

Hmm with the reads, I'd say giving a free card wouldn't hurt... therefore I'd call the flop and raise the turn, what ever it is because it smells like the SB is either bluff checkraising or just checkraising a weaker Ace, therefore I don't want to scare her off; if my turn raise is 3-bet, I call down and hope the BB stays in.

PokerProdigy 09-21-2005 10:53 PM

It seems to me that you have to cap it here because you have AKs. Push the pot equity edge.

Azhrarn 09-21-2005 11:12 PM

This seems like a good spot to call and raise any turn. The SB might slow down if you 3-bet here, and you don't have to worry about the BB dropping out...

Harv72b 09-21-2005 11:16 PM

To be honest, I'm dead tired &amp; I think that this is probably the biggest decision to make in the hand, so I'm gonna leave it hanging til tomorrow. I'd love to see some more discussion on the turn decision, because I'm not at all sure if I made the right one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]