Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How to post Stats? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402817)

mojobluesman 12-21-2005 02:18 PM

How to post Stats?

This may be an idiotic question, but I don't know to paste my stats to the forum for review?

I created an image file of the detail section, but there's no obvious way to cut and paste it here. I also don't see how to get an image of the primary stats of profit/loss etc..

bottomset 12-21-2005 02:25 PM

Re: How to post Stats?

what I do, is printscreen my pt stats, open paint paste, cut out the unnessary parts, save it as a .jpeg

go to photobucket and upload it, and then use the [img] tags to post it

mojobluesman 12-21-2005 02:33 PM

I'm a mainframe dinasaur. I don't even know how to do that.

I have a mdi file and I'm lost after that. What product?

car ramrod 12-21-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a mainframe dinasaur

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing wrong with the mainframe, it will be around for ever. (I hope)

MrWookie47 12-21-2005 02:58 PM

Umm, doesn't your comp have MS Paint? You use windows? If not, the GIMP should be able to handle it. Save it as a .JPG, then visit imageshack.us or photobucket.com and they'll tell you how to upload it. Then make a post and use the instant BB code to get it in the post. Lastly, please use the designated stats thread.

mojobluesman 12-21-2005 03:47 PM

When I open the detail stats and hit the little "p" for print, it automatically creates an MDI file with which I can do nothing except use MSFT Doc Imaging for viewing it.

The print screen button on my keyboard does nothing that I can see or find .

MrWookie47 12-21-2005 04:02 PM

The key puts a copy of your screen on the clipboard. Hit print screen. Open up paint. Type ctrl-v.

mojobluesman 12-21-2005 05:06 PM

I uploaded it, but when I posted the IMG it posted a very tiny unreadable version of the photo. I'm starting to think I should just forget about this and re-read one of my poker books. I would take less time and solve as many problems as posting these stats correctly and getting someone to review them.

MrWookie47 12-21-2005 05:20 PM

If you used Imageshack, they give you many links. I always use the last one: direct link to photo.

Honestly, posting your stats is only of minimal value, particularly if your sample is < 50k. No one can really say anything beyond what's contained in the FAQ. Alternatively, you could do a search for "+stats -Re:" (no quotes) in the last week or two and see what people have said about others stats, and see how yours compare. If you have a specific question about a stat that you think you have a reasonable sample size on after looking over the basics, you may get a better response with a post. I don't think I've ever posted a full stats post, other than once after a 2+2 lagfest when I was drinking heavily and played 66/60 poker to the tune of 60 BB/100. Responding blind to 5 hand posts to see how your answers stack up is probably a better use of your time than fretting about stats.

kiemo 12-21-2005 05:42 PM

Here is my analysis of your stats

Preflop:
Raise more
Play more
Defend your blinds more
Steal more

Postflop:
Value bet the river more
Check raise a little more
More aggression

This advice will cover roughly 75% of the people on this forum. If you are in the other 25% then simply replace the word more with the word less for each point