Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   MTT forum split? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371463)

MicroBob 11-03-2005 11:25 PM

MTT forum split?

-- MTT strategy
-- MTT non-strategy Q's and 'sweat'.

Anyone agree?

(note - I don't even come in this forum that much and am hardly a 'regular'. Just tossing out an idea for those of you who ARE regulars)

Exitonly 11-03-2005 11:30 PM

Re: MTT forum split?

Meh, then sweat threads wouldnt get seen as much, i dont have a problem with them being mixed in.

C-Dog 11-03-2005 11:30 PM

I dont agree. And splitting a forum doesnt seem to be that easy. I think the HUSH split should take priority over MTT split.

C-Dog

MLG 11-03-2005 11:31 PM

I've always been for that.

KneeCo 11-03-2005 11:31 PM

This has been talked about before.

I don't really like the idea, but I do see the appeal of it, especially for people who don't come to the forum often and drop in only to see a page full of non-useful info.

It's up to the mods I guess. I do think we need to stress that FT sweats are reserved for when you make the FT and I think there are too many **Official** threads.

Lloyd 11-03-2005 11:31 PM

Almost all threads are already strategy-related. We have a few sweat threads and the rare off-topic or brag thread but I personally don't feel like they are disruptive and in fact are helpful to see how the advice is paying off in real results.

LearnedfromTV 11-03-2005 11:40 PM

I don't think a split is necessary. I like seeing sweat threads interspersed. I think there *could* be merit in splitting to a Mid-High and Small stakes, but I'm fine with things as they are.

Pat Southern 11-03-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost all threads are already strategy-related. We have a few sweat threads and the rare off-topic or brag thread but I personally don't feel like they are disruptive and in fact are helpful to see how the advice is paying off in real results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always hated the official threads, and they're getting more and more out of control by the day. At first it was reserved for the higher buyin tournaments, now $3 rebuys are getting their own threads, and this takes the cake.

Exitonly 11-03-2005 11:47 PM

Theres nothign wrong with 'official' threads, but there are getting to be a lot of them.

Maybe cut down to:

Big Sunday Tournies.

??

Lloyd 11-03-2005 11:49 PM

Personally, I don't even "see" most of them. Meaning I've somehow filtered them out of my scan and ignore (most of) them completely. I think as long as there is fairly wide appeal a thread is okay with me.