Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $22: Push or wait with an uber short stack (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406486)

GtrHtr 12-28-2005 11:34 AM

$22: Push or wait with an uber short stack

After losing the last hand I was left with a seriously short stack. Wait and pray or push? If push, push any 2 from position or is there a limit to your push hands?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t3800)
UTG+1 (t930)
CO (t610)
Hero (t330)
SB (t1100)
BB (t1230)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero t330 (All-in)</font>

45suited 12-28-2005 11:36 AM

Re: $22: Push or wait with an uber short stack

Looks fine to me. How often are you going to get a better spot than this before the blinds hit you?

I mean, you're open pushing from the button with a hand that's not terrible. You must push here, IMO.

12-28-2005 11:41 AM

If we think the SB will call with any pair, any ace, any two other broadway and the BB will call with any two (since he's just getting fantastic odds) then it's exactly neutral EV. To be honest, I think this is the best you're going to get and just have to push it now and pray for the best.

12-28-2005 11:54 AM

I would say push, but we can't forget that they're more likely to call you since they think you're on tilt... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] That opens up their range a little bit (and for some donks, it opens up their range to 100%)

45suited 12-28-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say push, but we can't forget that they're more likely to call you since they think you're on tilt... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] That opens up their range a little bit (and for some donks, it opens up their range to 100%)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually irrelevant in this case. OP has enough of a stack to have some FE over SB and the typical BB is calling with all but the absolute worst hands anyway getting 2:1 on his money.

12-28-2005 11:58 AM

Post deleted by Cola

12-28-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clear fold. You have a few hands to wait until you are committed, and I'm sure you'll get a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not a clear fold...

11t 12-28-2005 12:01 PM

I'd fold complete rags since there is no ante and you have no fold equity.

J8os is way to powerful to fold here though, especially since the sb might fold and you can go against BB's call with a very likely random hand.

45suited 12-28-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clear fold. You have a few hands to wait until you are committed, and I'm sure you'll get a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? He's in the BB for almost half his stack in 3 hands. And it's not a matter of 'getting a better hand', it's a matter of getting a better opportunity than this. OP desperately needs to double up and / or steal blinds. He absolutely can not afford to fold here.

12-28-2005 01:52 PM

Post deleted by Cola