Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10/20 AA on the button after everyone and their mother limps in (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388058)

mgsimpleton 11-30-2005 12:55 AM

10/20 AA on the button after everyone and their mother limps in

so i'm deep stacked... like 4.7k... i get dealt AA on the button after 4 limpers or so. i made it 150 but i immediately hated my play. 4 people called and the pot was already 750 so i lost 2000 to 55 on a T53 two tone flop... i told myself i would fold if big stacks give me significant action and if anyone with 2k or less does i will go all in... this is such a bad situation though.

how do we combat this?

i was thinking raising to 60 hoping someone with a mediocre hand smells weakness and tries to pick up dead money, and if no one does just playing very weakly...

the other option is raising to 300 but that sucks too.

any takers on this one?

xorbie 11-30-2005 01:00 AM

Re: 10/20 AA on the button after everyone and their mother limps in

Just minraise. Great image play.

B1GF1SHY 11-30-2005 01:01 AM

Limp behind...for deception purposes!

ggbman 11-30-2005 01:04 AM

You're being results oriented here, usually you get 1-2 callers with the raise you made which is ideal. Also, what was the action with 55? I think that is a relevant question here, and i wouldnt sweat this too much. Making it 300 is dumb, making it 60 is dumber, and you made it a good amount. He flopped a set, you are going to lose lots of money here no matter what.

mgsimpleton 11-30-2005 01:09 AM

problem is i am deep and a pocket pair is priced in preflop and guaranteed to make a lot of money. i'm not results oriented at all, i don't think... the action in the hand was everyone checks i bet pot, he goes all in which was basically a minraise more, i sigh and call.

thing is, SB instacalls me... this leads me to think if he has any sort of hand he would h ave repopped to isolate. that was results oriented but it sure got me thinking.

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2005 01:17 AM

small raise with so many limpers is not weakness no way in hell.

xorbie 11-30-2005 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

thing is, SB instacalls me... this leads me to think if he has any sort of hand he would h ave repopped to isolate. that was results oriented but it sure got me thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, the one person I would really watch out for in this sort of hand is the SB. He's the only one who called after seeing such a monster raise from a deepstack, so he has to have the sort of hand that will be willing to commit a ton of chips with postflop. I'm thinking that's a PP or SC almost always, and this is not a great flop for SC type hands, so I would really not be so eager to get it all in against him (I dunno, why bet pot on this flop anyway).

mgsimpleton 11-30-2005 01:22 AM

i potted the flop because i am a scared little bitch. i had two people who had me covered and i was going to fold to their reraise. i was not, however, going to let them reraise me with a worse hand, and i thought the pot bet accomplished that.

BobboFitos 11-30-2005 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i potted the flop because i am a (1)scared (2)little (3)bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 of those adjectives seem right
[ QUOTE ]

i had two people who had me covered and i was going to fold to their reraise. i was not, however, going to let them reraise me with a worse hand, and i thought the pot bet accomplished that.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Allinlife 11-30-2005 01:24 AM

I can't think of any other way but to pop limpers with wider range of hands in position