Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Golf (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326442)

FlashFunk 08-31-2005 01:16 AM

Golf

I've been getting more into golf recently and I think its time I do some research to get some good clubs.

Anyone know any good sites or forums?

M2d 08-31-2005 01:23 AM

Re: Golf

go to google groups and search golf.

FlashFunk 08-31-2005 08:58 PM

After searching through there a bit, didn't find anything that great.

Anyone else?

ligastar 08-31-2005 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been getting more into golf recently and I think its time I do some research to get some good clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irons: Ping, Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway

Drivers: Titleist, Cleveland, Callaway, Taylor Made

Fairway Woods: Taylor Made, Adams Golf, Ben Hogan rescue clubs

Greg H.

RacersEdge 08-31-2005 09:01 PM

Get Golf or Golf Digest. Check out there sites.

Talk to guys in a golf store.

Watch The Golf Channel.

MrTrik 08-31-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd schedule 3 or so lessons with a pro. He'll analyze your swing and help you improve a bit. Additionally, he'll make some recommendations on what you should be looking for. This won't cost you much, really it won't if you shop around a bit for a pro that fits your needs. If your swing is stable and you are thinking about spending on more than the cheap stuff you'll probably want to get custom fitted. Whether it's some off the shelf company doing the fitting doesn't matter. (Ping has fitters all over the place as an example)

The pro will talk about lofts, shaft stiffness, graphite vs. the alternatives etc. These recommendations will be tailored to your current game and where you will be after improvement. Just keep in mind he might have a deal with a custom fitter or two and he's certainly getting kickbacks from them if he stears you to them and they sell you stuff.

dcasper70 08-31-2005 09:05 PM

Screw online research.

Just go find a pro shop that has a driving range and someone who knows how to fit you for clubs. Try every brand in your price range (plus a couple high and low) until you find the one that 'feels' right.

Whatever it costs, that's your club.

and what MrTrik says too...

bd8802 08-31-2005 09:05 PM

golfopinions.com

BillNye 08-31-2005 09:09 PM

link

MCS 08-31-2005 09:10 PM

Consider having clubs custom-built (like Golfsmith or something). They'll be much cheaper, just as good quality-wise, and you can get exactly what you want (e.g., you can get shafts made between regular and stiff flex if you want, or a different swingweight for different irons, or an extra wedge instead of a 3-iron, or whatever).