Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   NC: Is PartyPoker down? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391573)

12-05-2005 01:58 AM

NC: Is PartyPoker down?

I can't connect to Party Poker, even though I can tracert/ping there quite fine. I had 4 $22s open and haven't been able to log back in last 5 mins... logged off Windows and back in and still nothing. Anyone else?

liucipher 12-05-2005 02:00 AM

Re: NC: Is PartyPoker down?

working for me

zipppy 12-05-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
working for me

[/ QUOTE ]

12-05-2005 02:07 AM

Rebooted my computer, cable modem, and router. Still can't connect to PartyPoker, Network Status page shows everything as working well and I can still tracert/ping PP fine.

Anybody have any ideas on what can be happening?

Slim Pickens 12-05-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doom switch. You're screwed. They won't even send you the HH.

zipppy 12-05-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rebooted my computer, cable modem, and router. Still can't connect to PartyPoker, Network Status page shows everything as working well and I can still tracert/ping PP fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

try the computer technical help forum...perhaps someone there has ideas.

12-05-2005 02:13 AM

Doom switch?

And thanks Zippy, will do.

Slim Pickens 12-05-2005 02:20 AM

Something similar happened to me. They said the problem was on my end. I asked them for the HH's to show the tournament actually finished without me. They told me I should request them when I conclude a tournament. Thanks Party.

I assume this is caused by a giant switch panel with everyone's SN on it, and a monkey flipping them randomly. Hence, Doom Switch.

12-05-2005 02:24 AM

Thanks Slim. I just reinstalled the client software, problem still occuring. No idea what to do now, I emailed tech support, not hoping for much.

12-05-2005 02:41 AM

I called PP tech support, they asked me to reboot, when I still couldn't connect, they placed me on hold for a while. Then they came back and asked me what ISP I use, I responded with comcast. They said many players are having trouble w/ comcast right now and that I should call comcast and explain the trouble, then call partypoker back and tell them what they said.

I know damn well comcast isn't going to do anything about this, especially as I can ping/tracert all the way to their server just fine. I get the feeling that the support tech was stumped after the reboot and that this is standard line to get me off the phone and burn a few hours talking to my ISP, at which point hopefully everything works.

Slim, how long were you down when this happened to you?