Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Beer belly (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375819)

ukpokerplayer 11-10-2005 04:17 PM

Beer belly

Ok having spent the last few years sat on my arse, drinking a lot of beer and eating junk food i have developed a bit of a beer belly and generally am pretty unfit. I basically have done nothing exercise wise apart from a game of footy once a week or so.

I need to get fit (preferably soon) due to a new piece of filth on the horizon. I dont think it is possible for me to cut down drinking beer, so this will have to stay. Is it possible for me to get back in shape by eating healthy and doing some exercise?

What sort of things should I be doing? Will running a few km per day do me any good or do I have to go hardcore?

diebitter 11-10-2005 04:18 PM

Re: Beer belly

you need to post a picture of a hot chick to get advice here.

joshman1204 11-10-2005 04:19 PM

Im in the same boat so I look forward to the response to this question.

Cancuk 11-10-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to post a picture of your beer belly to get advice here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rduke55 11-10-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for me to get back in shape by eating healthy and doing some exercise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people value these behaviors a great deal for getting in shape. Maybe they're crazy though.

IndieMatty 11-10-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im in the same boat so I look forward to the response to this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone want to bump one of the ten recent workout threads we have had lately for these lads?

bosoxfan 11-10-2005 04:38 PM

Someone stole your avatar

IndieMatty 11-10-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone stole your avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm purposely trying to regress as a poster. In a few months I'll be posting in the Zoo exclusively.

arod15 11-10-2005 04:42 PM

Join some sort of martial arts. I'd say join the gym but people rarley get motivated for that. So join a kickboxing or karate school. That way you will have some motivation (friends at class) to get off your fat ass and work out.

11-10-2005 04:45 PM

Come on dude, you know the answer to this. You just want people to tell you you are fine.

Stop drinking so much. Walk around a lot, then try running when you feel that you won't have a heart-attack from doing so. Eat better. Maybe swim once in a while. Etc.

Don't eat within 2 hours before going to bed!

EDIT: Stay away from butter, sour cream, dressing, etc. I know it's hard but try it.

I eat potatoes PLAIN and pancakes with no butter or syrup. Yeah. And I never eat Sour Cream. I use minimal dressing on salad.