Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best 3-Man Band Ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382550)

4_2_it 11-21-2005 09:53 AM

Best 3-Man Band Ever

Since OOT loves to argue music I thought I would set-up a poll to decide once and for all the best 3-man band of all-time. If you vote other please fill us in.

diebitter 11-21-2005 09:55 AM

Re: Best 3-Man Band Ever

I hurt me to diss Motorhead, but Hendrix must be honoured.

imported_The Vibesman 11-21-2005 09:58 AM

Green Day is on this poll, and Double Trouble isn't.

whiskeytown 11-21-2005 10:05 AM

Holy Crap.....What about The Police?

You have committed a grevious and cardinal error in your poll.

You left off "The Police"

Greatest 3 man band ever - individually and creatively all three just kicked ultimate ass on their instruments and nothing could match Sting when he was young and pissed.

Can't believe a poll with 3 man bands would even consider leaving the Police off.

4_2_it 11-21-2005 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Green Day is on this poll, and Double Trouble isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

All apologies to Stevie Ray who should have been on the list. (Pssst --- I put Green Day on the poll to weed out anyone under 22)

Vavavoom 11-21-2005 10:07 AM

Ahem,

Where are BUSTED ?? <font color="white"> Thats a joke BTW ! </font>

4_2_it 11-21-2005 10:09 AM

Re: Holy Crap.....What about The Police?

[ QUOTE ]
You have committed a grevious and cardinal error in your poll.

You left off "The Police"

Greatest 3 man band ever - individually and creatively all three just kicked ultimate ass on their instruments and nothing could match Sting when he was young and pissed.

Can't believe a poll with 3 man bands would even consider leaving the Police off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Police was a tough call ( I was listening to their box set last night), but I am still pissed off about Synchronicity and the Don't Stand So Close '84 butchered remix.

whiskeytown 11-21-2005 10:11 AM

You should listen to the Live double CD they did of two concerts - one in 79 and one in 82.

You'd have to be a musician to understand...if someone wants to play a police song everyone in the band winces, cause all the parts are so tough.

Live they were able to fill out the sound with no issue except for some backup singers - it's the fullest three piece sound I ever heard....

Really shoulda put them on the list - even that last album was good...the remix alone doesn't justify the suckage -

hurry go back and edit the poll

RB

elwoodblues 11-21-2005 10:14 AM

The Police was my first response before looking at the list.

4_2_it 11-21-2005 10:17 AM

Argh, you cannot edit the a poll? Only the text!!! Oh well, all apologies to Police fans, just start a write-in candidacy. I will count up votes for the Police.